George Lazerby Documentary

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Masato
Site Admin

George Lazerby Documentary

Postby Masato » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:00 pm

This was fun

A self-narrated bio of Georgy Lazerby, who was impossibly cast as James Bond despite having zero acting experience, then (according to him) consciously turned down a life of superstardom after 1 film.

Crazy life, good storyteller:

http://vexmovies.org/becoming-bond

Benwahwah

Postby Benwahwah » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:51 am

Lazenby, not Lazerby.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:55 pm

He is my new favorite James Bond, even though I have never seen his film.

Fucking hero, leaving the business when he had it all. He describes how they tried to get him to sign what is known as a 'slave contract'... basically if you sign it you are guaranteed to make TONS of millions of money and have everything you want, but the price is that the studio owns your ass, tells you what you can or can't say, wear, do, etc etc etc. They control you completely.

Dude never signed it. He pissed everyone off when after filming he grew a beard, they ordered him he had to come clean shaven to all the premieres but he didn't and showed up with the beard.

This tells me really why we never hear any major celebrities speaking our against war, etc... they all signed the slave contract :cry:

Dude is awesome.

Redneck

Postby Redneck » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:24 am

He was an Aussie actor, fairly unknown though. When Connery left they were desperate and grabbed Lazenby due to his look and the fact he had an aussie accent that could easily adapt to sound British.

He was a cool mofo but has never really been accepted by the Bond fanatics as legit.

He also made The Man From Hong Kong, an very under rated Aussie movie that influenced Tarantino a lot. Especially in Kill Bill.

Return to “Anarchy Zone”