Introducing myself (Ayrshire Grappler).

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Diet Butcher

Re: Introducing myself (Ayrshire Grappler).

Postby Diet Butcher » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:59 pm

Awesome! Love your videos, mang. And welcome.

Ayrshire Grappler

Postby Ayrshire Grappler » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:35 pm

Edge Guerrero wrote:
Ayrshire Grappler wrote:Creative outside BJJ? Mostly just hobbies, tshirt printing, tinkering with gadgets, stop motion animation, working with my son on his YouTube channel etc.. My main creative passion lately though has been my Ayrshire Grappler channnel.

- That type of gadget?

Haha no. These are all cool though. More like Raspberry Pi, electronics, custom Lego builds etc..
BJJ Match Studies available @ http://www.Youtube.com/AyrshireGrappler

Ayrshire Grappler

Postby Ayrshire Grappler » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:37 pm

evil-kungfool wrote:Holy shit. I'm like this guys #1 fanboy.

How did 'your friend' find this backwater swamp?

Not sure how he came across it.

Ayrshire Grappler

Postby Ayrshire Grappler » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:49 pm

evil-kungfool wrote:Anyway, I've really been enjoying your work and hope you can keep it up.

A lot of the guys who these kinds of technical breakdowns burn bright but fizzle out. (Remember Judo Mat Lab?) It must be exhausting work not only to produce the videos, but to find inspiring matches, and dig up related clips. I hope the channel is rewarding enough for you that you'll keep it going for a couple years or more.

The main thing I like about your channel is you usually choose matches which are 1-sided technical shut-outs between two top competitors (usually the guy who loses doesn't score a single point). That makes for good breakdowns because nothing is accidental, happening by chance or a fluke victory. Instead, in these types of matches, one competitor is putting their A-Game on display, and we get to watch it be successful imposed against another respected, top-tier grappler, who is doing everything within their power to stop it.

How do you go about finding matches? Do you watch entire events, follow specific competitors, click around Youtube, see what people are talking about on reddit?

Wow, thanks for the breakdown of my match selection & channel style. It fits perfectly. I didn’t even plan it this way in the beginning it just kind of formed around Marcelo’s best matches which are usually one sided, technical shutout. This style suited me best for editing & I’ve stuck with this formula ever since.

Yeah it is a lot of time & effort to create these videos and I’m trying to build an income base through Patreon which hopefully helps me to commit long term if the financial reward is there. I’ll still have to work a regular 9-5 but a little extra cash for BJJ resources; laptops, software, books etc would be great.

My choices have been mostly my own favourite matches but I do listen to suggestions from others if they fit with my own interests at the time.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:02 pm

Post some more of your vids! I look forward to browsing but if you have some recommendations off the top that would be cool.

Yeah video-making is super creative, especially if you've found a style of your own. Cool to see you already had some fans in here

I'm guessing maybe your 'friend' is our based Scot robbstar (?) How do you guys know each other? Do you train together? I know he rolls too

We had another interesting BJJ vid maker here for a time, do you all remember FLying Eye Angle? I should track him down see what he's up to. Totally different style of course lol

Ayrshire Grappler, you need an avatar if you are to post here! :D I can make you one if you like, you can even use GIFS we have the biggest maximum file size for avatars over any other forum, ever lol

evil-kungfool

Postby evil-kungfool » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:26 pm

Ayrshire Grappler wrote:Wow, thanks for the breakdown of my match selection & channel style. It fits perfectly. I didn’t even plan it this way in the beginning it just kind of formed around Marcelo’s best matches which are usually one sided, technical shutout. This style suited me best for editing & I’ve stuck with this formula ever since.

"You win. Perfect." really encompasses it best doesn't it? ;)

Where did the Street Fighter theme come from? I myself grew up paying SFII and I think that's where my lifelong fascination with Martial Arts comes from.

Ayrshire Grappler

Postby Ayrshire Grappler » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:06 am

Masato wrote:Post some more of your vids! I look forward to browsing but if you have some recommendations off the top that would be cool.

Yeah video-making is super creative, especially if you've found a style of your own. Cool to see you already had some fans in here

I'm guessing maybe your 'friend' is our based Scot robbstar (?) How do you guys know each other? Do you train together? I know he rolls too

We had another interesting BJJ vid maker here for a time, do you all remember FLying Eye Angle? I should track him down see what he's up to. Totally different style of course lol

Ayrshire Grappler, you need an avatar if you are to post here! :D I can make you one if you like, you can even use GIFS we have the biggest maximum file size for avatars over any other forum, ever lol

Yeah Robbstar, correct. He has more experience than me in the digital realm & has been giving me great advice.

We haven't rolled much but trained/competed in the same area. I also worked with him so we actually rolled at work one day when someone stupidly left jigsaw mats unattended in a room over lunchtime.

An avatar would be lovely.

Ayrshire Grappler

Postby Ayrshire Grappler » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:08 am

evil-kungfool wrote:
Ayrshire Grappler wrote:Wow, thanks for the breakdown of my match selection & channel style. It fits perfectly. I didn’t even plan it this way in the beginning it just kind of formed around Marcelo’s best matches which are usually one sided, technical shutout. This style suited me best for editing & I’ve stuck with this formula ever since.

"You win. Perfect." really encompasses it best doesn't it? ;)

Where did the Street Fighter theme come from? I myself grew up paying SFII and I think that's where my lifelong fascination with Martial Arts comes from.

My brother beat me up mercilessly on Street Fighter II Turbo for the SNES in the 90s. I like the style, sounds, look etc of the SNES version best. So much nostalgia..

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:57 am

Welcome!
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:10 am

- Playing Street Fighter or a match of Mario Kart its the only righ way to start a bro-mance. You know if a guys is a weirdo if the first time he invite or ask you to play Tekken or some of those hippies games.
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Super Dojo”