Fight calendar and discussion

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Luigi

Re: Fight calendar and discussion

Postby Luigi » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:20 pm

Masato wrote:
Luigi wrote:ONE FC just put on a caged Muay Thai fight, one of the fighters was retired legend Sam-A

Wow, Schiavello comparing Sam-A to Michael Jordan, Wayne Gretzky, Maradonna... Is he really that legendary? I have never heard of him before but then again never followed Muay Thai.

Schiavello is pumped, lol I am gonna watch the fight now. Suddenly a lot more interesting now that I know he has this sort of status

You guys post some cool stuff, I don't follow striking arts at all but totally should, lol Its so scary

Jordan, Gretsky etc is an exaggeration, but he was the best in his weight for most of a decade. More like a Mario Lemieux, or to use an MMA example Jose Aldo.

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:22 pm

Get hyped for Usyk!!!

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:41 am

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:46 am

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:49 am

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:43 am

- Come here to say. Today is Wrestle-sunday
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:46 am

- Jacaré isnt human!

Btw. Only one sub on that card.

PHILADELPHIA – While the red-hot action inside the ring at TakeOver: Philadelphia kept NXT fans on the edge of their seats, the surprise cameo of NXT’s newest blockbuster signing has the entire sports-entertainment world buzzing.

EC 3, a familiar face to many longtime WWE fans, made an unannounced appearance Saturday night, sitting among the NXT Universe inside the jam-packed Wells Fargo Center. A ring veteran of more than 15 years, EC 3 posed for WWE Network cameras as Mauro Ranallo confirmed that the brawny Superstar is NXT’s newest signee.

Stay with WWE.com for more coverage of this story as it develops.

http://www.mandatory.com/wrestlezone/news/918813-ec3-several-new-wwe-performance-center-signings-shown-at-ringside-at-nxt-takeover-philadelphia-photos
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:03 am

Wrestling today!

Btw, the real Gretzky of Muay fought yesterday:

evil-kungfool

Postby evil-kungfool » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:37 am

Luigi wrote:Wrestling today!

Btw, the real Gretzky of Muay fought yesterday:

Amazing. :shock: I've never seen Saenchai fight so aggressive.

The video looks to be sped up though.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:59 pm

Masato wrote:
Edge Guerrero wrote:
Luigi wrote:The next 3 weeks are jam packed full of fights and there are solid fights every week until April. Wooooh!

- Royal Rumble this weekend!

2018 WWE Royal Rumble matches Men's Royal Rumble: The 30-man, over-the-top-rope affair for a No. 1 contendership to a world title will go down as usual. It will likely serve as the main event of the show. Entrants (12/30): John Cena, Finn Balor, Randy Orton, Shinsuke Nakamura, Elias, Baron Corbin, Matt Hardy, Bray Wyatt, Aiden English, Rusev, Titus O'Neil, Apollo Crews

Women's Royal Rumble: For the first time, WWE will hold a women's rumble. It was announced Monday night that the event will include 30 participants just like the men's match. Entrants (18/30): Asuka, Ruby Riott, Liv Morgan, Sarah Logan, Sasha Banks, Nia Jax, Bayley, Naomi, Natalya, Sonya Deville, Mandy Rose, Mickie James, Tamina Snuka, Lana, Carmella, Becky Lynch, Dana Brooke, Alicia Fox

Universal Championship -- Brock Lesnar (c) vs. Braun Strowman vs. Kane: This match was formally made on Raw, and though it appears to be a mess of a booking, getting Lesnar and Strowman together in the ring is not normally a bad thing.

- First time that Lesnar will face the legendary Kane!

WWE Championship -- AJ Styles (c) vs. Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn (Handicap Match): Styles will defend against the team of Owens and Zayn in a match made by general manager Daniel Bryan, who took Styles' sarcastic suggestion that he fight the best friends seriously. Once again, this match will likely wind up being background fodder for the continued rivalry between the partial Bryan and hothead commissioner Shane McMahon.

Raw Tag Team Championship -- Seth Rollins & Jason Jordan (c) vs. The Bar: Sheamus & Cesaro finally get their title rematch at the Royal Rumble, though the Rollins/Jordan team looks to be together for a while and likely needs the championship in order for their program to make sense.

SmackDown Tag Team Championship -- The Usos (c) vs. Chad Gable & Shelton Benjamin (2-of-3 Falls Match): The rematch to the rematch, this one should be the end of the feud (if The Usos retain) or just the start should we get new champions at the show.

- The Usos are great. That match will be stellar.

Source: https://www.cbssports.com/wwe/news/2018-wwe-royal-rumble-matches-card-date-predictions-rumors-location/

when did wrestling stop using character names? Back when I watched wrestling, everyone had a character name like a superhero name... not their real names. Now everyone just seems to be using real names.

Was this a gradual thing? or was there some point where it suddenly flipped? What do you think of this as a fan? Is it more fun, or do you miss those oldschool characters?

Hey Edge did you see this post? was hoping for your thoughts

Return to “Super Dojo”