Sonnen expects check from ‘Rampage’ Jackson after winning takedown bet

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Sonnen expects check from ‘Rampage’ Jackson after winning takedown bet

Postby Edge Guerrero » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:57 am

By Marc Raimondi @marc_raimondi Jan 21, 2018

INGLEWOOD, Calif.Chael Sonnen and Quinton Jackson agreed to a bet last month on a media tour. “Rampage” was so confident Sonnen would not be able to take him down, that he said he’d give Sonnen $10,000 for every takedown he landed at Bellator 192.

Well, it seems as if Jackson is going to be owing Sonnen some money.

Sonnen defeated “Rampage” by unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28) in the main event Saturday night at The Forum. The victory sends Sonnen into the Bellator Heavyweight World Grand Prix tournament semifinals, where he’ll face the winner of an April fight between Fedor Emelianenko and Frank Mir.

Sonnen was able to take Jackson down in each round, which means “Rampage” technically owes him at least $30,000.

“We’ll see if he is a man of honor,” Sonnen said at the post-fight press conference. “We did shake on that. I’ll tell you on the other side, I will not cash his check. But I do expect him to hand me one. What I do with it is my business. But I will tell you, I will not cash that check.”

Just getting “Rampage” down was a victory, Sonnen said. Regardless of any wager. Jackson weighed in at 253 pounds Friday morning, while Sonnen was 222. Sonnen was giving up quite a bit in mass and strength.

“It did feel good to get him down,” Sonnen said. “I was trying to pass his guard. I had a hard time passing it. He was very strong. Went for a can opener, I tugged on that big neck of his, it didn’t budge an inch. He was really a powerful guy. I put two arms on one of his, I had it locked out, I couldn’t budge it. It was like an iron pipe. He was a strong guy.”

Source: https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/1/21/16915926/chael-sonnen-expects-check-from-rampage-jackson-after-winning-takedown-bet
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:54 pm

LOL that is awesome

Sonnen is pure class :D :D :D

Return to “Super Dojo”