Off to see Stars Wars today

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Canuckster

Re: Off to see Stars Wars today

Postby Canuckster » Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:26 pm

I saw it the other day, I thought it was a mess too,
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:08 pm

From what I heard there was some good action scenes but it was overall average at best. I didnt expect much from the sequel to the last one. Rey is so boring lol

Ethan Allen

Postby Ethan Allen » Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:07 pm

I took 3 shots of vodka before leaving the house, then another 3 more during the film + beer.

I also went in with the expectation that I would absolutely hate it.

Based on the above, I didn't think it was too bad, although Anakin Skywalker could destroy every character in these movies at the same time.

I'm glad to see they abandoned the (in reality) rare white girl/black guy coupling and replaced it with the even more black guy/Asian girl couple. At least none of the characters have cut off their penises yet.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Dec 25, 2017 8:14 pm

^^ no penises cut off... but they sure cut Luke's balls off, lol

Ethan Allen

Postby Ethan Allen » Mon Dec 25, 2017 8:28 pm

Ya, both Luke and Snoke were huge disappointments. I loved Lost and I like what Abrams did with the Star Trek reboot, but he was a terrible option for Star Wars.

The action scenes were trash for the Star Wars universe. Literally every battle that involved a light sabre from the prequels is superior to every action scene from ep 7 and 8.

Winnson

Postby Winnson » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:52 pm

The only person from the original still alive is Leia, the one that's dead in real life. Awesome!

Ethan Allen

Postby Ethan Allen » Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:04 am

Don't forget about Chewy!

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:29 pm

Luke didn't even give Chewie a hug when he saw him again. Chewie had to break down the fucking door to see him, and didn't even get a lousy fist bump, lol

Still thinking of this film...

There is a lot going on here and I don't mean just plot-wise. Disney/Fox is creating a new mythology imo, they are setting the rules for a whole new stage of franchise expansion. This was not just a story for its own sake, there is a whole ideology being planted into the public mind with this

Very interesting from this perspective imo, its way beyond just interracial couples and female protagonists... Hell that movie didn't even even HAVE a protagonist, lol :D (seriously; who was the protagonist? There are like 5 of them lol)

Will come and write about my thoughts soon, today is back to work

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:33 pm

Basically I see it all about tearing down any concrete notions of polarized Good or Evil (Light Side of Force vs Dark), and opening up the MIDDLE SPACE as the playground for future worlds and productions.

There are no more Jedis, no more Siths. Just a million shades of grey, and that's OK.. New heroes will be a mix of light and dark side attributes. Old rules and establishments are torn down and ridiculed.

Force powers are now open to anyone, & may use them how Thou Wilt.

sound familiar to anyone?

Winnson

Postby Winnson » Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:17 am

They are going to ruin Star Wars within a few movies for sure. Remember Ghostbusters last year? That's the future of the Star Wars™ franchise as well. Movie execs are way too out of touch with the common man these days. It's why movies suck so bad.

Return to “Anarchy Zone”