Do you believe in a higher power?

Arts, Philosophy, Spirituality & Wisdom
Redneck

Re: Do you believe in a higher power?

Postby Redneck » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:31 am

Masato wrote:
Redneck wrote:Taoism is not the only philosophy or belief system that believes exactly what you described, and it's the idea that makes the most sense to me.
We are all an integral part of the cosmos and we are all linked somehow by a force, even rocks and shit are permeated by the same thing and have a life force.

What other philosophies or belief systems would you say are similar like this?

I find most sort of hint on this concept, but then complicate it up with a bunch of other rules and systems and order etc. Taoism just keeps it simple, and laughs at our futility to ever understand it. That's honest, lol

Some occult philosophies, the OTO says that you have no way of knowing what lies beyond this life, so why waste time thinking about it. Just know that you are an integral part of the universe,

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:43 am

You people are retarded, you think us humans are special little snowflakes in the animal kingdom because we are so "advanced" bwahahaha

That would make all virus' special compared to plants, reptiles are part of God's plan when compared with virus', mammals compared to reptiles etc etc

We are VERY close to discovering "why we are here" via SCIENCE, IIRC we can already create very simple life forms simply by sending an electrical charge through the right mix of gasses. The earth is more than 4 billion guys, in that time when the earth was young that same perfect random atmospheric soup of gasses presented itself, thunderstorms and the associated lightening occurred at far greater frequency than today due to that atmospheric volatility.

Take religions as they are, ancient "wisdom" largely redundant today, Id be praying to a God too if I lived at a time when basic science wasnt available to me.

Lock it up Masato

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:57 pm

Sidestep, don't matter.

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:58 pm

Vutu, you white noew.

Shinkicker

Postby Shinkicker » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:41 am

Vutulaki wrote:You people are retarded, you think us humans are special little snowflakes in the animal kingdom because we are so "advanced" bwahahaha

That would make all virus' special compared to plants, reptiles are part of God's plan when compared with virus', mammals compared to reptiles etc etc

We are VERY close to discovering "why we are here" via SCIENCE, IIRC we can already create very simple life forms simply by sending an electrical charge through the right mix of gasses. The earth is more than 4 billion guys, in that time when the earth was young that same perfect random atmospheric soup of gasses presented itself, thunderstorms and the associated lightening occurred at far greater frequency than today due to that atmospheric volatility.

Take religions as they are, ancient "wisdom" largely redundant today, Id be praying to a God too if I lived at a time when basic science wasnt available to me.

Lock it up Masato

So I was brought into existence by a bolt of damn lightning?

That's pretty badass, imo. I like it.

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:04 am

Shinkicker wrote:
Vutulaki wrote:You people are retarded, you think us humans are special little snowflakes in the animal kingdom because we are so "advanced" bwahahaha

Lock it up Masato

So I was brought into existence by a bolt of damn lightning?

That's pretty badass, imo. I like it.

- You're Mary Marvel. The female counter-part of Shazam! :ugeek:

- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Creative Sanctuary”