OBELISKS Around the World

Politics, History, & 'Conspiracy'
Devil's Advocate

OBELISKS Around the World

Postby Devil's Advocate » Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:35 am

Edge Guerrero wrote: - I didn't know about any of that.
We are still like the people thousand year ago, in the Plato's story The cave:

Absolutely, that is a great example. Plato was one of the early advocates of the great conspiracy, but it was still old when he was preaching it. It's knowledge that comes from the old world, preceding the great flood.

His other work, The Republic, lays out a lot about the agenda.

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:38 pm

People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:32 pm

- I've always destryed the obelisk on Jungle Strike:

- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:35 pm

Devil's Advocate wrote:
Absolutely, that is a great example. Plato was one of the early advocates of the great conspiracy, but it was still old when he was preaching it. It's knowledge that comes from the old world, preceding the great flood.

His other work, The Republic, lays out a lot about the agenda.

- The best way to control something is creating and manipulating stories.
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:00 pm

Hey all... update:

On a whim, I tweeted my city hall Twitter account asking about the Obelisk. They kindly prompted me to this video, which completely overlooks the blatant Obelisk shape. They go on and on about how it was made, and how many people helped participate and embed personal objects in it, etc etc... but no one mentions once of the actual design of the sculpture, why it was chosen or what it means to the artist or jurors of the contest...

-it is simply never addressed:

It was paid for by this guy named Dan Laurie, who had previously forked over $1.1 MILLION for other sculptures around Burlington, of which I have yet to look at (a curious number, 1.1 : http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-o ... e26637389/ )
http://danlawrie.com/

Here is the website of the artist that 'won' the commission:
http://www.powning.com/

Haven't had time to dig much further but I guarantee you there is a story here to be found. No one makes an obelisk by accident. No one wins a privately funded art-commission for the city with an obelisk by accident. Someone in this process appreciates what Obelisks are, and was happy to fund and support and publicize this sculpture. Surely its symbolic prowess means something to someone in that process.

Will look further if I have the time, this is very curious indeed

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:07 pm

I found an 'official' PDF for download about the sculpture...

2 pages only. Again, zero mention of the obvious.

Elephant in the room, anyone?

here are the pages:

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:28 am

That green marble wrap is what the entire inside of mississauga city hall is built of, I'm unsure of its significance
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:14 am

^ I think that's just what happens to bronze, no? When it oxidizes or something? I don't see anything to consider in the materials used. I think it might actually be CLAY, as you see in the video various people placing their personal objects into something like clay for the sculpture.

- Its the SHAPE of the damn thing that is so bizarre that no one is noticing. How can you put up a big fuckin obelisk, and not discuss it? Why it was chosen? What it means to the artist? What it means to the city? We all know the answer but to the public eye its quite amazing to watch them put this up in plain sight and just fuckin pretend it's not what it is, lol

My bets at the moment are on that Dan Lawrie guy, but so far I can't find any detailed bio on the dude.

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:18 pm

No, that's marble

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:36 pm

Easy to explain, Halton is under significant masonic control

Return to “The Grand Chessboard”