What do you call the ability to manifest one's will?

Arts, Philosophy, Spirituality & Wisdom
theraskal

Re: What do you call the ability to manifest one's will?

Postby theraskal » Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:14 pm

another "possibility Theory" example would be DIVINE meddling....what if there is some divine interference in our lives and some experience success and others suffering.....and what if it's the case that success may seem to indicate a kind of divine favoritism as "chosen" while suffering may seem a "punishment" when in fact it is not always the case and that success tests a person's character as relates to temptation and corruption while the "gift" of suffering humbles a person and inspires in them wisdom and compassion that is gained from suffering

theraskal

Postby theraskal » Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:18 pm

and to be clear, I am not suggesting I do not believe in the possibility and potential of manifestation.....I am just sharing ideas to inspire exercise in thought as relates to the subject

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:22 pm

I think divine meddling is just a much more powerful form of magick, but even the divine cannot change fate, of others or their own.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Thu Sep 28, 2023 12:42 pm

theraskal wrote:another "possibility Theory" example would be DIVINE meddling....what if there is some divine interference in our lives and some experience success and others suffering.....and what if it's the case that success may seem to indicate a kind of divine favoritism as "chosen" while suffering may seem a "punishment" when in fact it is not always the case and that success tests a person's character as relates to temptation and corruption while the "gift" of suffering humbles a person and inspires in them wisdom and compassion that is gained from suffering

I can dig this.

If the idea of multiple lives is true, and each life are lessons and experiences meant to grow through the process of karma etc... then human suffering somehow does not look as tragic.
And as you say, things would never be what they seem. Impossible to judge a man's karma by their class, fortune, or misfortune because you don't know the context. The bum on the street may be in heaven while the rich man driving by is in hell

This is how I tend to think about things to be honest.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Thu Sep 28, 2023 12:47 pm

Luigi wrote:I think divine meddling is just a much more powerful form of magick, but even the divine cannot change fate, of others or their own.

Sometimes I imagine that they could be somehow the same thing

Imagine that after we die, we get to decide our next life, based on our karma or lessons learned, etc. Imagine that we use our WILLPOWER to 'write' our next life in advance, decide the path we want, and the lessons/experiences desired, earned, or needed.

In such a scenario, we would all be trapped in our destinies with no free will... yet the path we are forced to play out ultimately was CHOSEN by us, it is the story of our free will.

Does that make sense? Like we are locked into a destiny, but that destiny itself was determined by our own free will, and not outside forces.
Our destiny is still 'us'.

Just a weird way to think imo where you can feel both at the same time.

theraskal

Postby theraskal » Thu Sep 28, 2023 8:45 pm

^what you stated does make sense and is as reasonable as any other theory and I also agree with Luigi's consideration of Manifestation even if I wished to play "Devil's Advocate" in order to stimulate creative thought and discourse

theraskal

Postby theraskal » Thu Sep 28, 2023 8:48 pm

Luigi and others may enjoy this if have not already watched:

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Fri Sep 29, 2023 12:10 am

- In comic-books, Super-Heroes have the power of will as a ability. Guys like Spider-Man or the Thing get admiration because their wiil power, even from oponents.
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Fri Sep 29, 2023 12:13 am

Luigi wrote:
So as much as Hollywood has tainted this one, I will try to remove this deception from my worldview and embrace the holistic realization of this concept. So I must ask you my friends, will you do the same, and if so how will you cultivate and use magick in your life?

- When the airplane turbines stops, theres no atheist abord!

I started reiki a couple of months back, doesnt know how works, but if feel really better, so thatsthe important thing.
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Creative Sanctuary”