Video games you are playing/want to play

Arts, Philosophy, Spirituality & Wisdom
Luigi

Re: Video games you are playing/want to play

Postby Luigi » Thu Sep 14, 2023 6:29 am

Not sure if I mentioned it here, but not too long ago I picked up a USB controller which is officially licensed by Sega as an emulator use on your PC controller, which I thought was really cool. Today while playing Panzer Dragoon Zwei the left shoulder button died. Looks like the Sega seal of approval doesnt change the fact that its some cheap Chinese garbage not meant to last a year without breaking. To this day almost all my retro USB controllers/adapters break. Either the rubber around the wire breaks, the buttons stop working, or in one case the very plastic shell shatters. There have only been two exceptions, 1. the Retroflag SNES controller, and 2. Another SNES pad I got for cheap and never used much since I was always using the Retroflag instead.

While disappointing it didnt stop me for long, as I have now just switched to the old trusty Mayflash universal arcade stick. Its a bit weird to use with a rail shooter thats all about changing the camera angle, but it works. I just finished episode 5. Episode 6 seems fun so far.

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Fri Sep 15, 2023 10:52 pm

Luigi wrote:Not sure if I mentioned it here, but not too long ago I picked up a USB controller which is officially licensed by Sega as an emulator use on your PC controller, which I thought was really cool. Today while playing Panzer Dragoon Zwei the left shoulder button died. Looks like the Sega seal of approval doesnt change the fact that its some cheap Chinese garbage not meant to last a year without breaking. To this day almost all my retro USB controllers/adapters break. Either the rubber around the wire breaks, the buttons stop working, or in one case the very plastic shell shatters. There have only been two exceptions, 1. the Retroflag SNES controller, and 2. Another SNES pad I got for cheap and never used much since I was always using the Retroflag instead.

While disappointing it didnt stop me for long, as I have now just switched to the old trusty Mayflash universal arcade stick. Its a bit weird to use with a rail shooter thats all about changing the camera angle, but it works. I just finished episode 5. Episode 6 seems fun so far.

- We had to open the controllers to clean with alcool.
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Sat Sep 16, 2023 4:39 am

^I only ever had to do that with Atari 5200. The carbon pad things have been pretty reliable since then. The problem with the shoulder button seems mechanical, it doesnt click when I press it and it no longer recoils back from the internal spring.

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Sat Sep 16, 2023 6:16 pm

Luigi wrote:^I only ever had to do that with Atari 5200. The carbon pad things have been pretty reliable since then. The problem with the shoulder button seems mechanical, it doesnt click when I press it and it no longer recoils back from the internal spring.

- Atari and N64 controllers were undestructible. Now the ones from snes, psone and pstwo didnt last much.
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Mon Sep 18, 2023 4:10 am

I was lucky enough to find the KOF95 Sega Saturn RAM cart at a local game shop, so now Im playing the Saturn version of KOF95. I might try beating it without using Billy this time though I have zero interest in grinding through it if its as hard as the Neo Geo original lol

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Sep 22, 2023 12:30 am

LOL here is an ad with JACK BLACK when he was just a little kid

was a good game

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Sep 22, 2023 12:36 am

Now I gotta post a jack black clip. Sorry to be off topic :?

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Fri Sep 22, 2023 5:33 am

Alright, I'll join in too

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Mon Sep 25, 2023 5:07 am

Beat Panzer Dragoon Zwei tonight. More fun than the first game but the first game will still have a better legacy just for having graphics and gameplay so damn good for its day.

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Sat Oct 07, 2023 9:17 am

Two wires in my arcade stick no longer connect, because the soldered wire broke off and I cant add a new connector because the old broken wire is jamming the slot. Im not sure what to do about this. I could buy a new wire harness but thats dumb because of 26/28 wires work perfectly. I tried ripping the connectors open but the solder stuff is preventing it. Tomorrow I might try just using giant globs of solder to attach the wire to the back/outside part of the connector. When I finally fix this I can get back to playing this jank game called skeleton warriors I found.

Return to “Creative Sanctuary”