Do you have Recurring Dreams?

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Masato
Site Admin

Do you have Recurring Dreams?

Postby Masato » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:57 pm

Hey all

I think recurring dreams are an interesting phenomenon.

While most 'dream interpretation' I find to be really subjective and nearly impossible to pin down, a recurring dream is probably much more obvious to figure out, and likely a good key to our unconscious selves

When I was younger I had a recurring dream I was being chased by something, but I couldn't run because my feet were HEAVY and extremely hard to lift. ...then one night in my dream I turned around to see WTF was actually chasing me, and saw there was nothing there. I never had the dream again.

Now I have a recurring dream (a few years now) where I am back in my graduating year of highschool, like a few days away from final exams, and I'm realizing that I have been skipping TONS of school, some classes I haven't attended at all, lol Panic and wondering what to do/what excuses I can make/realizing there is just no way I'm gonna make it through. This is weird because I was in truth a pretty good student in highschool. Then I wake up and it takes me a few seconds to realize that I actually finished highschool decades ago and have nothing to worry about, lol

I still wonder what this is about though, have some ideas but obviously haven't solved it yet

Do any of you have experiences with recurring dreams? What do you think this is all about? Have you 'solved' any? Do they make sense to you, or are they just weird?

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:48 pm

- I got that dream thats a part of the town where i live, who has a martial arts gym and a used book store. In the dream i am always anciouss to go to that part of the city!

The thing is that part doenst exists on the real world!
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:33 pm

Edge Guerrero wrote:- I got that dream thats a part of the town where i live, who has a martial arts gym and a used book store. In the dream i am always anciouss to go to that part of the city!

The thing is that part doenst exists on the real world!

Wow! that is interesting

It seems clear that a recurring dream is not just the random ramblings of our minds while we sleep like usual dreams... there must be something to it.

Reading your post I suddenly remembered another recurring dream I had for a while, not so much lately; I am in a big house filled with people, different rooms all over up and down, each with different vibes and people, like a huge mansion hotel but the rooms are more personal, more intimate. Anyways I'm lost in this house, but I'm also having fun exploring it/ then I find a room with a very tiny door with another smaller door inside but I'm too claustrophobic to go in. There is more but its kind of foggy, I actually don't remember dreams very clearly ever, just certain ones that stick out for some reason.

Just curious about these kind of dreams. I've had maybe millions of dreams but I can count on 1 hand a selection that for some reason are etched profoundly in my memory. Why?

Yours is cool, Edge I like it. A good story premise perhaps! :D

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:52 am

I dream of the end of my journey :)

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:08 pm

^ really? that is cool

-any imagery to describe?

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:43 pm

- Another thing is that in some dreams i can jump of buildings without any fear or notion of gravity, on others i can fill weight!

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:49 pm

^^ yes! many dreams of heights in various ways

Ah! How could I forget? I have a recurring dream of flying! It is incredible/happy... I can fly SUPER fast, but am barely able to control it. Just going really fast and sort of 'pulling up' or down trying not to crash

I actually just remembered another recurring dream, very significant how could I have forgotten? Weird how once I start thinking about them I start remembering. Swear when I started the OP I only thought I had 2... ! I'll come back about that one another time

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:31 pm

I used to have dreams of under water and being able to breathe. I distinctly remember taking of a deep breath underwater and realizing hey, I can breathe here. And swimming very deep underwater. Haven't had it in a while though
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:14 pm

Canuckster wrote:I used to have dreams of under water and being able to breathe. I distinctly remember taking of a deep breath underwater and realizing hey, I can breathe here. And swimming very deep underwater. Haven't had it in a while though

- Maybe you're Aquaman?

One dream that i used to have, was that people where trying to kill my dogs and cats. So i always carried them on my arms. I had that dream for over a decade, and only stoped whem my dog Urso died. :(

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:28 pm

OK the other recurring dream is that I have some limited powers of telekenisis.

It is a very specific feeling, I can 'push' some small-mid sized objects without touching them. I put my hands in front and concentrate and mentally 'push' the object with some sort of force. It feels very real.

What's wild about this dream is that in the dream I verify that I am not dreaming! I think in the dream; this must be a dream! But no, I am awake, this is real! And I practice some more.

Then I wake up, lol

The feeling is so real I have admittedly tried several times when I was younger if I could do it while awake, lol but to no avail

Return to “Anarchy Zone”