Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life,

Arts, Philosophy, Spirituality & Wisdom
Canuckster

Re: Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life,

Postby Canuckster » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:06 pm

Shinkicker wrote:
Masato wrote:^ what do you mean 'written in past tense'?

Careful of men who say they know you from a past life, lol that sounds like a great line to hook New Age chicks :D

Ps what makes you think it is was man ?

It was a man but I don't think it was a pick up line. Or maybe it was. Grrrrr,

Post pics of anatomy so we can verify
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Shinkicker

Postby Shinkicker » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:20 pm

Canuckster wrote:
Shinkicker wrote:
Masato wrote:^ what do you mean 'written in past tense'?

Careful of men who say they know you from a past life, lol that sounds like a great line to hook New Age chicks :D

Ps what makes you think it is was man ?

It was a man but I don't think it was a pick up line. Or maybe it was. Grrrrr,

Post pics of anatomy so we can verify

I'm sure he would find it weird if I tried to take pics of his anatomy.

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:58 pm

I'm sure he would love it
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:44 pm

Shinkicker wrote:
What if you came back as a white female?

Id be loving life, no other demograph gets babied as much as white females.

Its only gonna get easier for them in the future. White females get preference for fucking everything here yet they got their rights waaaaay before aboriginals here did yet they are more upwardly mobile, they well and truly had equal rights well before non whites were even allowed to immigrate to Australia yet fucking super talented non white males get passed over for promotions so some retarded white woman can do the same role but in a massively watered down capacity. The non white male then has to pick up her slack while staying on the same pay grade.

My dad has a masters in mech engineering, a law degree and was passed over for a General Manager role which went to a white female who has a useless MBA and a vagina. He got called back from semi retirement cause she starts crying every time things get rough (technical). You virtually never see ethnic women cry in the workplace but you can set your watch to a white woman crying because of an abusing email or some crap on a weekly basis.

They just smirk when you point it out too. At least white males have to prove themselves to get to senior roles.

Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) scientists and engineers cheer after India's Mars orbiter successfully entered the red planet's orbit, at their Spacecraft Control Center, in this photo taken through a glass panel, in the southern Indian city of Bangalore September 24, 2014. REUTERS/Abhishek N. Chinnappa

^^No maternity leave, no bullshit affirmative action, raised their own kids and flew a space craft remotely to Mars. Can you imagine the feminist spin that would have been put on that in the west? yet in the east they are just people who did their job. Which society is more equal?

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:08 am

Shin kicker IIRC youre a mother, tell me this isnt a massively flawed study.

"Scientists are onto a curious phenomenon. In a new study from the Weizmann Institute of Science in Israel, researchers discovered that when women cry, men’s testosterone levels drop significantly.

Multiple experiments showed that just the smell of a woman’s tears caused a dip in testosterone and reduced brain activity in areas associated with sexual arousal. The researchers believe it is a clear sign that human tears send chemical signals to the people around them. But if tears are a form of communication, what messages are women sending when they cry at work—an organization already opposed to displays of emotion?

“Testosterone is a key power hormone that gets corporate executives in warrior mode,” says Judith Orloff, M.D., a psychiatrist and the author of Emotional Freedom. When a woman cries in the presence of a male colleague, “it’s threatening hormonally. Studies have associated lower testosterone levels in men with feelings of failure.”

Most professional women have fought back tears in the workplace at some point in their careers--many unsuccessfully. A professor of management at the University of California, Davis, Kim Elsbach, Ph.D., has been studying the repercussions of crying in the workplace for over three years. According to her research, women are much more likely to cry at work—and in general—due to their socialization. Because most boys are firmly taught not to cry, holding back has become a reflex, she says. And unfortunately for women, tears at work are almost always perceived with disdain, and the consequences can be harsh.

“Because women aren’t socialized like men,” says Elsbach, “they carry an extra burden of emotional labor.”

In her research, Elsbach discovered that there are few situations where crying is “acceptable.” The worst offenses, she found, are crying in a public meeting or because of work stress, like a looming deadline or coworker disagreement, because it is considered disruptive and weak. Crying in a private performance evaluation is also considered unprofessional and often manipulative.

A single tear
Image by lisahumes via Flickr
The only exception to criticism is crying due to a personal loss like death or divorce, and even that has its limits. “If the crying is excessive--repeated or prolonged, rather than a single episode--it could be considered unstable or weak,” says Elsbach.

Career coach Stephen Xavier has dealt with many executives on this issue and says that men become very uncomfortable when a female colleague cries. “In their minds, they see their own wife, daughter, sister or mother embodied in that female sitting across from them, and it’s hard.” He’s observed that women are more empathetic to other women, and in the rare instances that a man cries, he might be completely ostracized by a male coworker.

Elsbach says women who cried at work felt intense shame, embarrassment and disappointment in themselves. She also found it interesting that colleagues would consider the crying manipulative, because the women said they would have done anything to stop if they could. Moreover, many felt the crying had been incredibly damaging to their success, saying they’d lost promotions and even board seats.

Ten years ago, 40-year-old Kathy Caprino worked as a corporate vice president at a Connecticut-based company. She did not consider herself much of a crier, but on occasion had pulled her office door shut to shed a few tears. Like many executives, she regarded publically crying at work “the kiss of death.” Then it happened to her.

Caprino was asked into the president’s office to speak about her supervisor, whose competency had come into question. The president asked her to keep an eye on the supervisor and regularly report his mistakes. Feeling it would be wrong and disloyal, Caprino said she wouldn’t snitch. He was adamant, however, and demanded that she do it.

That’s when the tears came—first out of frustration that she’d been backed into a corner and then compounded by disappointment in herself that she’d lost control. She watched as the president’s eyebrows raised in shock and embarrassment and then slowly contort into anger.

The crying itself was never mentioned between them, but Caprino immediately saw a shift in the president and in their relationship. “It was awkward thereafter,” she says. “I knew it was the absolute worst thing in the world; crying in the workplace is inappropriate. When control is everything, crying will get you alienated.”

On the other side of the desk sits Tyler Barnett, who owns an eponymous public relations firm in Beverly Hills, Cal. His employees are all female, and with major clients like Chrysler and Lifetime TV, stress levels are easily elevated. He considers himself a compassionate leader but says he’s been subject to a few employee crying outbursts that were completely unprofessional. “I still don’t know how to handle it,” he admits.

Barnett recalls a 20-something junior account executive who was a chronic crier. When she received even day-to-day feedback, she would often well up. Once, the woman sent an email to an important client with misspellings and incorrect information. Barnett “firmly” told her it was unacceptable, and she began to cry.

“It was very uncomfortable,” he says. “I was trying to have a conversation about a job she’s paid to do. As a man--and as a human--you feel the need to comfort someone who’s crying, but that’s not appropriate. So you just sit there awkwardly.”

Ultimately, women are quicker to cry in a culture that considers it unacceptable. It’s not fair, but it is reality, says psychiatrist Orloff. Because tears release toxins and shed stress hormones, she says it’s important that professionals do not avoid crying entirely. Rather, she advises that they train themselves to take a breath, stay neutral and not react in the face of pointed criticism or intense stress. After waiting or excusing themselves, Orloff suggests crying privately.

“Emotional freedom is having a choice of how to respond rather than reacting in the moment without control,” says Orloff. “Train yourself, so you’re not taken off guard.”
"

I bet all the women studied were Ashkenazi and to a lesser degree sephardic jews, fuck all would have been mizrahi jewesses cause they wouldnt cry over baby shit

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:11 am

"She also found it interesting that colleagues would consider the crying manipulative, because the women said they would have done anything to stop if they could."

Yeah riiiiiiiight they could have left the fucking room and cried in the toilet like they should be made too but nah they do it in front of everyone for sympathy

Pathetic

Shinkicker

Postby Shinkicker » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:51 am

So you would be loving life by being babied?

So you would be happy being something you obviously despise?

I assume the equality of society question is rhetorical. Judging equality is subjective and depends on perception.

Shinkicker

Postby Shinkicker » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:54 am

Vutulaki wrote:"She also found it interesting that colleagues would consider the crying manipulative, because the women said they would have done anything to stop if they could."

Yeah riiiiiiiight they could have left the fucking room and cried in the toilet like they should be made too but nah they do it in front of everyone for sympathy

Pathetic

Agreed. I don't generally cry in front of anyone.* And I can't stand it when someone else does. It makes me uncomfortable.

* I have cried with dying patients and/or their families. But I can generally dry it up pretty quick (turn it off) and keep working.

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:23 am

Shinkicker wrote:
Vutulaki wrote:
* I have cried with dying patients and/or their families. But I can generally dry it up pretty quick (turn it off) and keep working.

Thats understandable, medical staff are a whole different story I wont even pretend to be in a position to judge you guys and Id hope that there's no affirmative action hiring policy in the health industry

the corporate world on the other hand...... ARHG!

Shinkicker

Postby Shinkicker » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:01 am

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/deepak-ch ... 84176.html

Science can measure brain electrical activity known to correlate with consciousness, for example high frequency synchronized electroencephalography (EEG) in the gamma range (‘gamma synchrony’). Monitors able to measure and process EEG and detect gamma synchrony and other correlates of consciousness have been developed for use during anesthesia to provide an indicator of depth of anesthesia and prevent intra-operative awareness, i.e. to avoid patients being conscious when they are supposed to be anesthetized and unconscious. The ‘BIS’ monitor (Aspect Medical Systems, Newton MA) records and processes frontal electroencephalography (EEG) to produce a digital ‘bispectral index’, or BIS number on a scale of 0 to 100. A BIS number of 0 equals EEG silence, and 100 is the expected value in a fully awake, conscious adult. Between 40 and 60 is recommended by the manufacturer for a level of general anesthesia. The ‘SEDline’ monitor (Hospira, Lake Forest, IL) also records frontal EEG and produces a comparable 0 to 100 index.

In recent years these monitors have been applied outside of anesthesiology, e.g. to dying patients at or near the moment of death, revealing startling end-of-life brain activity.

In a study reported in the Journal of Palliative Medicine, Chawla et al. (5) reported on 7 critically ill patients from whom life support (medications, machine ventilation) was being withdrawn, allowing them to die peacefully. As per protocol, they were monitored with a BIS or SEDline brain monitor. While on life support the patients were neurologically intact but heavily sedated, with BIS or SEDline numbers near 40 or higher. Following withdrawal, the BIS/SEDline generally decreased below 20 after several minutes, at about the time cardiac death occurred. This was marked by lack of measurable arterial blood pressure or functional heartbeat. Then, in all 7 patients’ post-cardiac death, there was a burst of activity as indicated by abrupt rise of the BIS or SEDline to between 60 and (in most cases) 80 or higher. After a period of such activity ranging from one minute to 20 minutes, the activity dropped abruptly to near zero.

In one patient, analysis of raw SEDline data revealed the burst of post-cardiac death brain activity to be apparent gamma synchrony, an indicator of conscious awareness. Chawla et al. raise the possibility that the measured post-cardiac death brain activity might correlate with NDEs/OBEs. Of course the patients died, so we have no confirmation that such experiences occurred.

More in the link.

Return to “Creative Sanctuary”