Nag Hammadi Texts

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Masato
Site Admin

Nag Hammadi Texts

Postby Masato » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:15 pm

Hey all, was tipped off to this by an interesting acquaintance...

I had heard of this stuff before but was unfamiliar with the name nag hammadi

Basically they are books (scrolls, etc) found that appear to contain OTHER GOSPELS of the Jesus story. There is a whole book of Mary (Magdelene), and many references implying that she was a key apostle and maybe even the wife of the biblical Jesus. This is a lot of the stuff Dan Brown used to make his DaVinci code stuff.

Anyways, I'm gonna poke around a bit more, please share if you have insights or whatever on the subject.

Here is a vid I watched that suggests that the Nag Hammadi gospels are super significant, and were excluded from the Council of Nicaea because they 1) gave power to women and 2) suggested that the hierarchy of the church was irrelevant/unnecessary to follow Jesus' teachings

And here is another vid I watched (just realized now that is only part 2 of 8, maybe there is more to his presentation...) that argues the opposite; that the Nag Hamaddi Gospels are not significant at all, were likely not even available at the Council of Nicaea, and are not as authentic as some may say.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:17 pm

I find the idea of the Gospel of Mary Magdelene to be totally fascinating. If authentic, it changes so much on its head. If a forgery, it is a brilliant one.

Would like to actually read some the text, see if it reads with any worth. Wonder if there are any good english translations

Return to “Anarchy Zone”