Site Admin

All 'Self-Help' Books condensed Cliff Notes

Postby Masato » Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:23 pm

LOL this is great

Author condenses probably every self-help book down into 7 basic steps

check em:

------
http://highexistence.com/self-help-minus-bullshit/

I may be overly ambitious, but I believe I can summarize every single self-help / self-development / success book ever written, minus all the bullshit. Not only that, but I believe I can do it in under two minutes.

1) If you CONTROL YOUR MIND, you CONTROL YOUR LIFE.

This is the foundation of every success theory ever written. It’s the “eat healthier; exercise more” of self-help. It’s also where most people fail, because the mind is a fickle, petulant child that hates discipline. To clarify, “control your mind” means…

2) FOCUS YOUR THOUGHTS in order to CONTROL YOUR ACTIONS.

If you only THINK, but never DO, you accomplish nothing. Thoughts that aren’t actionable are bullshit. Let them pass. Focus on thoughts that compel you to act. Don’t wish for your goals. PURSUE them!

3) Controlling your mind takes PRACTICE EVERYDAY.

You are not your mind; you are the willpower behind your mind. However you do it — affirmations, meditation, journaling, etc. — you must improve, little by little, until you REPROGRAM YOUR MIND to focus on optimism and action.

4) Goals are useless unless you create SUCCESSFUL DAILY HABITS to achieve them.

You can control your habits as long as you HAVE A SYSTEM. Losing 10 pounds is a goal; eating under 1,200 calories a day is a system. First, DEFINE WHAT YOU WANT, then create a PLAN and stick to it daily. Your habits will determine your success, so it’s crucial to create ones that move you in the direction of your goal.

5) Results TAKE TIME.

Change rarely happens right away, and momentum builds slowly. DON’T GIVE UP. If you do what you need to do everyday, you’ll be shocked by how much you’ve accomplished by the end of the year.

6) BLAME NOTHING.

You are the only person responsible for your life. Life deals everyone a different hand — it’s called random fucking chance. You can’t control adversity, but you can control your reaction to it. Helen Keller was deaf and blind and still got her Bachelor of Arts! Do the work. NO EXCUSES!

7) DON’T BE AN ASSHOLE.

There’s enough negativity in the world; don’t contribute to it. If you’re able, BE KIND, but if you’re having a rough day, just try not to be a complete dick.

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:52 pm

- Get away of negative people. I they want to be negative let them be alone.

Unless when i am negative of course.
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

SRBrant

Postby SRBrant » Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:05 am

The Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear has helped me far more than any "self-help" book.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:58 pm

SRBrant wrote:The Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear has helped me far more than any "self-help" book.

Care to expand? What's it about? How did it help you, etc?

Fear is nasty shit. I agree it needs to be addressed for any sort of healthy state of being

SRBrant

Postby SRBrant » Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:27 am

Masato wrote:
SRBrant wrote:The Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear has helped me far more than any "self-help" book.

Care to expand? What's it about? How did it help you, etc?

Fear is nasty shit. I agree it needs to be addressed for any sort of healthy state of being

Anxiety, apprehension, nervousness... Cold feet essentially.

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:29 am

When I was a kid I had a recurring nightmare that I was being chased by something/someone... but my FEET WERE HEAVY, like concrete blocks, and in the nightmare I could not run. I want to run, terrified, but I can't go fast because my feet are so heavy and I can't lift them.

Then after years of this, one night (I can't recall why, what made me get the idea)... I just turned around to face/see whatever was chasing me. And there was nothing there.

I never had the nightmare again. Now I fly in my dreams! :D

Sometimes I feel some people mistake overcoming fear with becoming arrogant or instigating. I think if one has really conquered fear (for the most part, anyways, a little fear I suppose is natural)... there is no need to prove it or go too far the other way.

Dune fan?

Redneck

Postby Redneck » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:16 am

This is the essence of Crowley's often misinterpreted famous slogan, "Do what thou wilt. Love is the law, love under will"

Do what you love and nothing can stop you.

Return to “Anarchy Zone”