The White Tower.

Arts, Philosophy, Spirituality & Wisdom
SRBrant

The White Tower.

Postby SRBrant » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:18 pm

THE WHITE TOWER
——————————
On the bluffs of a weed-gnarled island in a stormy sea sat a white tower, twenty-six men tall in height and five laying men wide. Its spire laid against a grey sky of stars in which a thousand realms could be seen. And in each window was a golden telescope that looked into these realms with their lenses blurred.
——————————
Several children, who travelled far from their towns to stay the night, occupied this tower with only a bed, a bowl and a blanket as their belongings. They would awake at dawn and sleep at dusk, but they could not see except for every night when they looked through those telescopes, staring into other realms.
——————————
They stare and they stare and they stare through the looking glass, peering into those strange worlds despite their blurred lenses, scrying meaning from the obscured forms of lavish cityscapes and fanciful creatures — visions from the days before Man knew sin.
——————————
And in worn wooden chests, they carried with them their cherished symbols from the cities. Filled with toys of grinning moons, somber suns and fantastic beasts sculpted into plastic, metal and silicon. The vain and petty origins of these objects mattered not; all that mattered to the children were the meanings and stories put upon them.
——————————
And the children compared the many shapes they saw through the lenses of their telescopes to the trinkets they possessed and, in a loss for proper description, compared their findings to their possessions.
——————————
The gods watched the children and in realizing the scope of their minds, sought not to scare them with their alien forms and descended into their dreams in forms that they found comfortable with, whispering wisdom into their minds.
——————————
For the Aether can be described as both a sea and city of impossible proportions — a world of worlds and tides that wash mazes of strange shapes onto the shores of mortal minds. It is only appropriate for beings as benevolent as the Kami to offer us simple creatures the respite of relative mundanity.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:19 pm

What can I say man, you are tapping into something really cool here. Fantastic writing.

Is this a vision of the future then? What fantastic imagery. I like the way you describe the gods as communicating through dreams, the nature of the Aether, this is much how I imagine reality to be; more dream-like than tangible, only 'solid' and objective as long as we wish or need it to be so...

How do the Kami offer us respite? (I had to look that word up, lol didn't know what it meant)

All your Kitsune writings are way too coll to be lost in a small indy forum like this... I sincerely hope that somehow they can manifest into something lasting, whatever form it takes. I am still interested in doing some art direction if you wanted to publish the writings as a book

Please keep going, bring your muses into focus, manifest the Kitsune! LOL
I will do the same :D

SRBrant

Postby SRBrant » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:32 pm

Masato wrote:What can I say man, you are tapping into something really cool here. Fantastic writing.

Is this a vision of the future then? What fantastic imagery. I like the way you describe the gods as communicating through dreams, the nature of the Aether, this is much how I imagine reality to be; more dream-like than tangible, only 'solid' and objective as long as we wish or need it to be so...

How do the Kami offer us respite? (I had to look that word up, lol didn't know what it meant)

All your Kitsune writings are way too coll to be lost in a small indy forum like this... I sincerely hope that somehow they can manifest into something lasting, whatever form it takes. I am still interested in doing some art direction if you wanted to publish the writings as a book

Please keep going, bring your muses into focus, manifest the Kitsune! LOL
I will do the same :D

Respite in the sense of a more comfortable or relatable form. A simple fox makes for a good vision for most people instead of a full-blown Kitsune, which can actually be difficult to describe at times. They are vulpine, yes, but are - like many Kami - also of anatomy that is strange and indistinct at the most subtle of levels. I have sensed some that are not quite flesh, yet not quite machine, yet not quite plastic or even plant-like. A blur of all those elements into a harmonic and serendipitous form.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:09 pm

You describe it in a cool way... what is that transition between the metaphysical and the physical?

I told you once that your ideas and introduction to me of the Kitsune brought a character to life in a story I'm writing... after struggling with trying to understand the true nature/identity of this character for several years, it was your talk here of the Kitsune that triggered a flash of inspiration to make the character some kind of Kitsune being, who has managed to take human form. I don't get into too much detail but basically in the story you figure out that he made that transition, and I'm visualizing different stages as that gap from a divine form to a mundane form might appear. Now this character is rich and alive and it clicked a lot of other parts of the story into place, it was like a spark of magic, very cool I was seeing foxes around was crazy lol

I never imagined anything 'machine-like', or plastic, its interesting that this comes to you when writing about it.

SRBrant

Postby SRBrant » Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:08 am

As for transition between the metaphysical and the physical, that is a matter of vitalism. Of resonance. It's quite a loaded question, really. The answer to which is multi-faceted like you wouldn't believe.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:22 pm

Great stuff, SR... maybe I've asked you before but have you ever done any sort of psychedelics? I did a ton of LSD in my younger days and found that much of the experiences were strangely right in that middle-realm between the metaphysical and the physical. The resonance hovers somewhere between, multi-faceted indeed. And no I don't believe its 'all in your head', I really feel at least for me (depends who you are/how you use it) that the walls dividing these realms get very thin and even disappear sometimes.

Your latest writings are still on my list bro, life just extremely busy these days.

be well

SRBrant

Postby SRBrant » Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:25 am

Masato wrote:Great stuff, SR... maybe I've asked you before but have you ever done any sort of psychedelics? I did a ton of LSD in my younger days and found that much of the experiences were strangely right in that middle-realm between the metaphysical and the physical. The resonance hovers somewhere between, multi-faceted indeed. And no I don't believe its 'all in your head', I really feel at least for me (depends who you are/how you use it) that the walls dividing these realms get very thin and even disappear sometimes.

Your latest writings are still on my list bro, life just extremely busy these days.

be well

No psychedelics whatsoever. Pure from the soul.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:58 pm

^ Admirable. Be true to yourself, man. My wife is also clean from such things and I admire her purity in this sense, some people are better this way.

However I also respect the various reliable elixirs in this world that have been used throughout the ages for the very purpose of contacting and visiting the godly realms. Shamans and seekers of such knowledge have made great and amazing progress with the proper usage of these tools, imo it really can open direct contact with the spirit realm, one may come face to face with the gods you seek. The question is whether or not the user is capable of navigating such waters. If so you may find grand destinations/shores... if not you will just be tossed around on the waves until sunrise.

Return to “Creative Sanctuary”