More Kami Sutra excerpts.

Arts, Philosophy, Spirituality & Wisdom
SRBrant

More Kami Sutra excerpts.

Postby SRBrant » Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:45 am

———————
It has long been said that the only way to end suffering was to become detached from all worldly things so that the soul can escape the fate of eternal suffering through endless reincarnation. There are, however, ways to enjoy the temporal delights of this world and still be able to escape the chains of material attachment.
———————
The gods will happily pull the souls of the virtuous up towards Heaven should their good deeds outweigh their sins, but this process can be incredibly strenuous because of the many attachments that a person can carry in their hearts.
———————
Sometimes the weight of the materialist’s heart is too great for even the gods to lift towards Ten and slip from their fingers into the ashen wastes of Yomi where they wander ceaselessly until they can shed their emotional attachments.
———————
But the restraints that bind us are only our attachments to the material pleasures of the present and the debts and grudges of the past.
———————
It takes both hands to carry a grudge.
————————
Those who cannot forgive another for their slights or misdemeanors carry the poison of spite in their hearts.
———————
A heart stained with bile is like a vandalized sculpture. Its splendor is not halved or quartered, but perverted into a mockery of true beauty.
———————
The heart is the source of all beauty. In nature beats the heart of the Kami and in civilization beats the heart of culture.
———————
While there is great spiritual energy to be found in material beauty, it cannot sustain one’s soul without the divinity of great wisdom, inner beauty and transcendent thought.
———————
A person that wants something or someone only for their outward form and appearance is like a starving man that eats the peels instead of the orange.
———————
The bear thirsts for honey, not for the pot that contains it.
———————
Greed, sin, tragedy and calamity happen when the pursuit of happiness comes before the welfare of others.
———————
If you are to be attached to something, attach yourself to the essences of the things you love and not the substance that contains them.
———————
To attach oneself to the purest energies made of the honest passions of love, excitement, joy and friendship free of empty pleasure-seeking is not attachment, but union.
———————
Union can only be achieved through liberation of the spirit. To liberate the spirit is to free it from the debasement of iniquity.
———————
Union with the Kami is best described as being in a bubble in a strand of seafoam with each bubble containing the souls of the ones you loved in your life and even in your dreams.
———————
All united spirits have their own individuality and identity, but all their feelings are interconnected and all of their lives touch another.
———————
And like seafoam, your liberated spirits shall travel with the others on a voyage of endless discovery through untold worlds for no less than ten-thousand kalpa.
———————
When you achieve union with the Kami, you feel connected to all great things in nature and all great things produced by the heart.
———————
When you achieve union with the Kami, it is like a mountain of lead taken off your back after a hundred years of burden.
———————
When you achieve union with the Kami, all petty concerns and products of anxiety are dissolved like a surf-struck sandcastle.
———————
When you achieve union with the Kami, you have no enemies either in your midst or far behind the hills and your soul will shine like burnished gold among the jade pines of Ten forever.
———————

SRBrant

Postby SRBrant » Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:48 am

Another one that, though unfinished, feels particularly divine.

————————
The souls of the virtuous are not merely pulled into the land of the gods, but are given pass to board an immense and splendid ark to sail them safely through the treacherous winds of the Aether and into the gates of Heaven.
————————
The ark is built of four pointed bows arranged like a crow’s foot without an exposed deck, all sides wrapped in a shell of planks wrought from gold that is tough like titanium and intersected with windows like purest crystal.
————————
Each bow is grooved and segmented to conduct the powers of the classical elemental forces. Like lightning rods and compass needles, they attract and guide, tuned like forks and protected by the names of all responsible for its construction etched upon its milk-smooth hull.
————————
Its aft bow was guided by the winds to ensure that it finds its target without ill consequence. Its port conducting the power of fire to burn away all impurity from its hull. Its fore anchored to the stability of earth to prevent drifting into the abyss. Its starboard manipulating the essences of water to resist the empyrean’s harshest currents.
————————
The shape of the ark, the great flying talon, is the signature of its exalted designer Yagaterasu after appearing before the shepherds of Babylon and hearing of a great ship whispered among their kind. Inspired by their tales, he took to the creation of these immaculate craft.
————————
These Crow Arks were wrought by the ten-thousand multitudes in Ten’s celestial harbors by the command of Yagaterasu and Amaterasu in the Classical Age of Man and first sent to the Deep Aether to deliver reluctant souls from their misery and into the Heavenly Estates with Ityavissei as admiral as his forced duty.
————————
Within its hollow belly are three great decks each with the expanse of the tallest cathedral naves, illuminated by the light of immaculate jeweled belfries and lined with compartments of the richest trappings to house the souls of the departed.
————————
Their trappings were that of beds of ancient silks and partitions of lacquered black planks of steel. Of cinnabar-flush reeds and forbidden incense. Of glowing pearl lanterns, spiced nectars and crystals carrying the perfect secrets of the heart.
————————
And sweeping the bilges of these holy craft were the mighty engines of creation, rigged to power and steer and built in eight scores of eight to span the eightfold path two-fold.
———————

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:30 am

I am already enchanted by the very first one.

I will need to find the right time to sit and savour these. Give me some time

This is astounding. We should merge this thread with the other one, keep these writings together. Please advise if you see any trouble with that or have a preference as you how we should best archive things here.

THANKS SRBrant you are a special member of this crazy crew
May the Kitsune be with you brother :D

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:34 am

PS: Why you keep ducking all my attempts to make you an avatar? lol I have made some cool ones and yet you still blankfaced
:D

see ya

SRBrant

Postby SRBrant » Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:22 pm

I dunno. ^^;

Your thoughts on the Crow Arks?

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:13 am

He already has an avatar...

SRBrant

Postby SRBrant » Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:35 pm

Any opinions on these texts?

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:21 am

OK SRBrant, after a week I finally found an opportune moment to sit and digest these... I am blown away

I want to illustrate these texts, you should have these printed they are so unique. We'll sell em to japanese girls and make a mint :D)

Seriously, this is amazing stuff. You have writings in other threads here, it should be brought together and canonized in some order.

The Crow Arks I do not feel to be real structures. Like Tolkien wrote, when the higher beings left Middle Earth to the rule of Men, they left in Great Ships. But I think its clear (at least to me) that these are no ordinary ship, but rather some kind of ship that sails away from the material realms.

It is interested you write about seafoam... it is a metaphor that keeps coming back to me, I am enchanted how many religious or spiritual texts that refer to it as the great metaphor for who we really are

The timing to read these writings is really quite trippy... 2 nights ago I went to a VR festival and an odd opportunity to create something special sort of fell from the sky. The NIGHT BEFORE, I had seen this mask at my daughter's school, and was struck with a bit of Kitsune energy:

Then just YESTERDAY my neighbor excitedly told me about a FOX who had come into the neighborhood recently, and apparently stole 3 chickens from someone's coop.

I also like the last verses of what it feels like to 'achieve union with the Kami'. Its very Taoist, but you have your own style of describing it.

Great work man, let me know if you would be interested in collaborating into a printed work. I have a style in mind, I think it should be printed in Japanese, made to look like some mystical text, I will invoke the Kitsune to assist in the illustrations :D

SRBrant

Postby SRBrant » Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:08 am

Masato wrote:OK SRBrant, after a week I finally found an opportune moment to sit and digest these... I am blown away

I want to illustrate these texts, you should have these printed they are so unique. We'll sell em to japanese girls and make a mint :D)

Seriously, this is amazing stuff. You have writings in other threads here, it should be brought together and canonized in some order.

The Crow Arks I do not feel to be real structures. Like Tolkien wrote, when the higher beings left Middle Earth to the rule of Men, they left in Great Ships. But I think its clear (at least to me) that these are no ordinary ship, but rather some kind of ship that sails away from the material realms.

It is interested you write about seafoam... it is a metaphor that keeps coming back to me, I am enchanted how many religious or spiritual texts that refer to it as the great metaphor for who we really are

The timing to read these writings is really quite trippy... 2 nights ago I went to a VR festival and an odd opportunity to create something special sort of fell from the sky. The NIGHT BEFORE, I had seen this mask at my daughter's school, and was struck with a bit of Kitsune energy:

Then just YESTERDAY my neighbor excitedly told me about a FOX who had come into the neighborhood recently, and apparently stole 3 chickens from someone's coop.

I also like the last verses of what it feels like to 'achieve union with the Kami'. Its very Taoist, but you have your own style of describing it.

Great work man, let me know if you would be interested in collaborating into a printed work. I have a style in mind, I think it should be printed in Japanese, made to look like some mystical text, I will invoke the Kitsune to assist in the illustrations :D

It's like the place you live in just naturally attracts spirits.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:58 am

^ Hmmm, do you think such things are geographical?

I have always felt different comfort levels in different places... some places feel different than others I wonder if this has anything to do with it. Ley Lines? etc

Or is it up to the individual how much we see/encounter? I did a lot of acid in my youth and believe I sort of opened some doors, or maybe partially shifted over away from purely material realms... for sure I remember a few trips where I truly felt that contact had been made and spirits came through, lol.

Why some people sense spirits more than others? I don't know. Maybe our willingness to be open to the ideas? I will admit I have been slightly pulling your leg regarding Kitsune experiences but at the same time I have been enjoying letting my imagination play with it and I'll be damned if some genuine inspiration and synchronicities didn't happen as a result... some weird shit happened I can't deny, and they were the missing piece/key to unlocking a very personal screenplay I am writing.

Who knows what the rules are of these things? Maybe there are none. Maybe it has nothing to do with us, and the spirits show themselves to whoever they choose and we can do nothing about it? lol

I would still like to help illustrate/design/print these writings of yours if you wish. They are really, really cool

Return to “Creative Sanctuary”