The Gasoline Gods favor me

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Masato
Site Admin

The Gasoline Gods favor me

Postby Masato » Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:34 am

Hey all

I've been reading some books about Sufism lately, and one teacher had been asked bout the validity of the supernatural/miraculous tales, etc. They referenced things like a holy woman running out of onions while preparing a special meal, and then onions suddenly falling from the sky for her.

Well I attest such tales are true.

Consider these 2 true tales, both in the past 3 days:

Gasoline Gods Tale #1:

I am cutting the grass in the back. I know the gas is low, expecting it to go out anytime. It starts to sputter JUST as I am about to finish, and I am thinking: 'how cool is that? I had exactly just enough to finish the last bit!'. But then as I finished and it began to die, I noticed I had forgotten to mow under the kids' trampoline. Upon that very realization, the mower suddenly flared up again to full strength, and allowed me to finish the job.

Gasoline Gods Tale #2:

Just a few days later, I am coming back from a late-night mission to bring something sweet from the store for the Missus (she had a shitty day). I am stopped at a red light and realize I am totally E on gas - like the needle is totally flat/touching the base (I had noticed this for a few days already but forgotten to fill it up). While I wait for the light to turn green, I am faced with a choice; I can turn left and coast down the street to the gas station, or go straight UP the hill to bring the Missus her goods. At first I was totally gonna take the safe choice and go gas up, in fear of running out of gas tomorrow... but then at the last second I think of the Missus at home waiting for me to come back and I decide to push the tank another day. At that very second I look down and the gas gauge needle on the dashboard has mysteriously bumped up about a 1/2 cm!

I always thought gas/oil/petrol was evil shit, but I suppose I'll take it. Just hope they don't expect me to be signing any contracts.

Return to “Anarchy Zone”