Chinese Almanac 2016 Year of the Monkey

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Diet Butcher

Chinese Almanac 2016 Year of the Monkey

Postby Diet Butcher » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:59 pm

So I picked up this book today. It's Chinese astrology predictions for this year, and also includes palm and face reading stuff. My wife is all into this kinda stuff. I never really cared for it until the Dung made a thread about face reading last year. So this year i thought i'd look into it and share my findings.

Diet Butcher

Postby Diet Butcher » Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:07 pm

This year the water and fire energies swap their dominance, meaning those elements that used to be strong become weak whereas those used to be weak become strong. From 2013 to 2015 the metal and water elements were the weakest. This year they become the strongest and second strongest elements respectively. Thus the price of gold is set to soar and metal-related stocks are likely to outperform other sectors. Similarly, industries that are water in nature such as shipping, banking, gambling, and retail are also likely to thrive.

On the other hand, industries that belong to other elements, ie. fire, earth, wood, are set to plummet in 2016. Fire sectors include computers, internet, telecommunication and electricity supply. Earth sectors include construction and infrastructure. Wood sectors include papermaking, fashion, wood logging. These industries are likely to wane.

Diet Butcher

Postby Diet Butcher » Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:13 pm

Since it's year of the Monkey, here's the advice for those born in 1968 (looking at you, Winnson)

"You don't feel like working hard and you'd slack off this year. At an age of 48 it's time to slow yourself down and conduct an interim review of your career so far. Consider whether you should take on new challenges or just stay where you are until retirement"

Diet Butcher

Postby Diet Butcher » Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:17 pm

This is mine: Pig born in 71.

"you'd enjoy better social status and get hold of more authority this year. Wage earners should work twice as hard. See if you can land a promotion. Entrepreneurs and those self-employed should also take this chance to build your reputation within the trade which would pave the road for your career development in the future"

Diet Butcher

Postby Diet Butcher » Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:23 pm

So far, much of it about making money. but there's also a chapter on interpreting dreams. I'm gonna get to that next... it's LONG! and I'm kinda tired now so... I'll continue later.

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:47 pm

- That`s is a interesting subject, they even showed here. Is the monkey the most important animal on the chinese calendar?
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:45 pm

Thanks DB! Very cool

What's it say for Rabbits (1975)?

Very interesting about the Fire and Water switching dominance... that relates to me somewhat, kind of inspiring if true.

Diet Butcher

Postby Diet Butcher » Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:54 am

I'll type out the rabbit in full.... (this is so uncanny. I've always imagined under that Saku mask was Bugs Bunny!)

Lst year the Rabbit was in union with the presiding god so that you enjoyed excellent interpersonal relations. This year you're in hidden union with the presiding god meaning powerful figures will lend you a helping hand when you need it. Your interpersonal relations aren't bad either . However, the fire and water energies swap their dominance this yearand all Rabbits are subject to a change of luck. From now on, there will be 6 consecutive years of metal-water dominance that those with hot or neutral predisposition can benefit from. Your luck will get better day by day. On the other hand, those with cold disposition should start taking a conservative approach from this autumn on. If you find your luck hasn't waned yet, you may still carry on with your existing endeavers. Yet you should avoid new ventures as much as you can. Those luckier ones may hold on to your good luck until the end of 2018.

The Rabbits have chances to learn or to invest. Of course, only those with hot or neutral predisposition are encouraged to engage in new investments. Those with cold predisposition may feel free to pursue education. Avoid new venture at all costs.

In your constellation, there are luckystars Zi Wei and Long De. Both of them bring useful help from powerful figures. No matterwhat predisposition you have, such help tend to make your luck better to varying degrees.

Yu Tang is a star that brings you help from powerful figures and joyful events. It reinforces the positive influence of Zi Wei and Long De further.

Regarding the unlucky stars, you have Bao Bai and Tian E among others. They are all powerless and won't harm you. All in all you're in hidden union with the presiding god and you've got 3 stars that bring you help from powerful figures. You're in excellent terms with people and that also enhances your luck.

Advice for Rabbits born in 1975: You have chances to learn or to invest. When it comes to investment, only those with hot or neutral predispostion should engage in new venture. Those with cold predisposition should divert your energy to further education. You may still continue with your existing endeavers yet keep your hands off any new ventures.

Diet Butcher

Postby Diet Butcher » Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:54 am

hmmm... how do you know if you have hot, cold or neutral predisposition? Looking that up now....

Diet Butcher

Postby Diet Butcher » Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:58 am

Knowing your predisposition is very helpful

Hot predisposition people are Yang

Cold predisposition people are Yin.

Neutral people are either Yin or Yang depending on their date of birth.

Hot:

If you were born after May 6th and before August 8th,

You would be considered as a Hot Predisposition person.

Hot Predisposition people find themselves benefitting from Metal and Water Elements

Cold:

If you were born after August 8th and before March 6th, You would be considered as a Cold Predisposition person.

Cold Predisposition people can benefit from Wood or Fire Elements

Neutral:

If you were born after March 6th and before May 6th you would be considered as a Neutral Predisposition person.

Neutral Predisposition people can benefit from any Elements in their life, but Metal and Water are preferred

This concept can be used in many ways,

By adding the beneficial Element to your Surroundings,

By planning Activities according to the Element of the day…

to find the element of each day for your reference.
A custom throughout Asia is to give Newborns a lucky name from their beneficial Element.

Picking the right name is one of the most important tasks parents have to make in welcoming their new baby to their family.

To use the beneficial Element in naming you can use the five elements to select a name.

All you have to do is determine the baby’s predisposition according to their birthday;

Hot and Neutral predisposition can use names with Metal or Water Element representation.

Like the name of a River, Ocean, or a precious Metal….

Cold predisposition names link with Wood or Fire personality.

Like a name of a beautiful flower, herb , enlightenment, illumination….

Return to “Anarchy Zone”