Santuary of Peace!

Arts, Philosophy, Spirituality & Wisdom
Enock

Santuary of Peace!

Postby Enock » Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:46 pm

"There are in man from the Lord two faculties by which he is distinguished from beasts. One faculty is the ability to understand what truth is and what good is. This faculty is called rationality, and is a faculty of his understanding. The other faculty is the ability to do what is true and good. This faculty is called freedom, and is a faculty of his will. For man, by his rationality, is able to think whatever he pleases, either with or against God, and either with or against the neighbour. He can also will and do what he thinks. But when he sees evil and fears punishment, he is able, by his freedom, to abstain from doing it. Man is a man by reason of these two faculties, and is distinguished from beasts. Man has these two faculties from the Lord, and has them from Him continually, nor are they taken away, for if they were taken away, man's human would perish. In these two faculties, the Lord is with every man, with the good man as well as the evil. They are the Lord's dwelling-place in the human race. Hence it is that every man, whether good or evil, lives to eternity. But the Lord's dwelling is nearer in man as man by means of these faculties, opens the higher degrees. For by the opening of these, man comes into higher degrees of love and wisdom, thus nearer to the Lord. From these things it can be established that as these degrees are opened, so man is in the Lord, and the Lord in him." ~ Emanuel Swedenborg

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:46 pm

WOW!! Enock (I keep wanting to type 'Enoch') rockin the positive energy!!!

Will take more tome to digest this. Obviously you have tapped a good spring. Lets continue to spread light and encourage positive growth, as individuals and as a collective. Much wisdom is returning to us from all kinds of places. We absorb as much as we are willing to open.

It is a brave adventure to attempt to de-program ourselves and re-examine the way we perceive our experience/reality, but bears much fruit once someone finds the courage to take the first steps

Glad to have you on board

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:10 pm

Enock wrote:What is Life?

Answer. Life is Love in action. The quality of action, is determined by the quality of the love and the knowledge by which it is directed. God is Life in its Source. He alone has life in Himself.

What is Man?

Answer. Man is an organized form, created to receive life from God. Man has no life in himself, although he appears to have in himself the life which inflows momentarily from God, since he is created in the image of God. When this appearance is taken for the reality the life becomes perverted and changed in quality.

What are the Centers of Action?

Answer. There are two opposite Centers from which action proceeds. The true center is the Love of God, the false center is the Love of Self. The man who acts from the true center, in the light of true intelligence, becomes a spiritual man; the man who acts from the false center, in the fatuous light of the senses, remains a merely natural man. The purpose of life on earth is attained when the center of action has become changed from the love of self to the love of God.

Why are we first born into a body of flesh and blood in a material world?

Answer. Because this material environment is the best in which to learn the first lessons of life and to lay the solid foundation of the house in which we are to live forever.

What fact as to the first birth makes it necessary that we be born again in order to enter the Kingdom of Heaven?

Answer. The mind or spirit of man is a house of three stories. At the first birth the lower story, which is the seat of our conscious life, is in direct opposition to the love of God and the neighbor. The second birth is necessary as the means of changing the center of action from the love of self to the heavenly center. ~ Thomas French

CHANGE YOUR HEART ~~~ CHANGE YOUR MIND ~~~ CHANGE YOUR LIFE

"All delights flow forth from love, for that which a man loves he feels to be delightful. No one has any delight from any other source. From this it follows that such as the love is such is the delight. The delights of the body or of the flesh all flow forth from the love of self and love of the world; consequently they are lusts and their pleasures; while the delights of the soul or spirit all flow forth from love to the Lord and love towards the neighbor, consequently they are affections for good and truth and interior satisfactions. These loves with their delights flow in out of heaven from the Lord by an inner way, that is, from above, and affect the interiors; while the former loves with their delights flow in from the flesh and from the world by an external way, that is, from beneath, and affect the exteriors." -
Emanuel Swedenborg

This is wonderful

Coincides eerily with some of my most recent reading... very interesting you post this kinda stuff now

Enock

Postby Enock » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:54 pm

Masato wrote:This is wonderful

Coincides eerily with some of my most recent reading... very interesting you post this kinda stuff now

I made this thread on another forum but I feel it fits here perfectly with the mindset and idea's of this forum.

For those looking to put things together in their own worlds, I highly recommend reading these works;

The Master Key System By Charles Haanel
http://images.thesecret.tv/Master-Key-System.pdf

Mental Chemistry by Charles Haanel
http://ebooksgo.org/philosophy/MentalChemistry.pdf

Think and Grow Rich by Napolean Hill
http://www.soilandhealth.org/03sov/0304spiritpsych/030413.hill.think.and.grow.rich.pdf

The Kybalion by Three Initiates
http://www.hermetics.org/pdf/kybalion.pdf

Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki
http://media.online.fullsail.edu/storeA ... 3ab906.pdf

------------------------------------------------

In regards to today's society, it's nice to touch up on the classic

1984 by George Orwell
https://archive.org/details/ost-english-1984-george-orwell-1937-dystopia

and a modern work that takes a page out of 1984 ...... (N$@) employee's are recommended to read upon being hired.

Little Brother by Cory Doctorow
http://craphound.com/littlebrother/Cory_Doctorow_-_Little_Brother.pdf

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:57 pm

Enock, we obviously have many similar interests, this is cool

However I do the majority of my research through audio rather than reading... Will search for these names/titles and see what I can find in terms of audiobooks, interviews, lectures given etc

thanks again

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:58 pm

http://www.hermetics.org/pdf/kybalion.pdf

WTF - who are you, dude?

That looks amazing. Big Hermes fan here

Enock

Postby Enock » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:11 pm

Masato wrote:Enock, we obviously have many similar interests, this is cool

However I do the majority of my research through audio rather than reading... Will search for these names/titles and see what I can find in terms of audiobooks, interviews, lectures given etc

thanks again

lol, I feel we are travelling the same path in search of truth and knowledge!

It takes time, but I think a big part of growing is the ability to express the creative forces we harness inside. I tried expressing this in a positive peaceful manner on Sherdog but the powers that be did not care for my creative yet different style of posting.

This forum you have set up here is awesome! I consider it a little shining star hidden away in a vast universe but can only be spotted to those who simply decide to look up.

Thanks for the warm welcome buddy, been a fan of yours for a long time.

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:39 am

Awesome thread Enock, I will be visiting this thread next time Im feeling discouraged.

Enock

Postby Enock » Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:17 pm

Luigi wrote:Awesome thread Enock, I will be visiting this thread next time Im feeling discouraged.

Thanks Lugi, I try to gather as much useful positive thoughts and quotes I can find and try to bring it all together here.

Lots of negativity on the net, so hopefully we can make this a little home of positive thoughts.

Enock

Postby Enock » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:18 pm

Return to “Creative Sanctuary”