Dreaming/Lucid Dreams etc

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
SRBrant

Dreaming/Lucid Dreams etc

Postby SRBrant » Wed May 20, 2015 12:49 am

What about those dreams that last for hours, but only minutes in our world? Surely this is not a testament to the strange way time flows in the Aether, no?

FionaO

Postby FionaO » Wed May 20, 2015 2:37 pm

Flying dreams demand a lot of faith, it seems, at least for me. Like you can only do it if you trust in an essential buoyancy and goodwill at work in the universe. I sound like Wile E. Coyote realising he's walking on air, now, but that's what flying dreams are like for me. Maybe I'm a basically anxious sort.

That said, when you do go with it, it's glorious and giddy and weirdly existentially comforting.

FionaO

Postby FionaO » Wed May 20, 2015 2:40 pm

Masato wrote:
exactly!

I have I think only 1 of these dreams that stuck with me... (very significant to me, I'll post it here 1 day) + a few recurring themes that seem to keep coming back, but that's about it.

Most of my other dreams I tend to forget very fast, or are just rambling nonsense as Fiona pondered

When I was a kid I kept having a dream where I was being chased by something, but my feet were too heavy to run. Terrifying, I want to run but I can't because my legs are so heavy.

I don't recall where/how I got the idea, but somehow one night, instead of trying to run, I somehow was aware of the dream, and TURNED AROUND to face whatever was chasing me.

There was nothing there. I never had the dream again.

Now I have (semi) lucid flying dreams sometimes. Like Superman flying - really fast, they are great. I am sort of in control but going pretty fuckin fast, lol just sort of pitching altitude. Very fun

Fuck, now that I start typing I am remembering more dream experiences from my life that I haven't thought about in years..

weird, maybe I'll come back and post some.

That's pretty cool that your essential self is brave enough to be like nah fuck this, I'm turning around to face this thing.

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Wed May 20, 2015 9:40 pm

for the rogan board members, this is actually a good thread worth browsing on this subject.

http://forums.joerogan.net/showthread.p ... 596&page=4
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Thu May 21, 2015 9:45 am

- I hate when dreams take physics in consideration.
I dreamed that i was in top of a very high skyscrapper, and i tought, i gonna jumping from here, but when i looked down the tought that i was gonna get hurt crossed my mind.

I like when i can talk to animals, but for some reason only the mammals like me.
With the exception of one time that i could talk to a female crocodile.
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Thu May 21, 2015 10:03 pm

Wow great stuff everyone.

SRBrant offers a good question of perceived time...

I don't think I've ever talked to animals like Edge, nor had extensive underwater dreams like Canuckster. It would seem each person has their own worlds, some more meaningful to the individual than others.

Here is the 1 dream that I think stands out the most in my life:

I was about 7 I think... and in the dream the WATER SUPPLY was poisoned with this living green slime/ooze. I remember watching friends drinking from a water fountain; it would first be nice water but then the green would come out and would KILL THEM. I remember this one girl I was really worried about, trying to protect her.

The next thing I remember is that somehow it had been discovered the SOURCE of this green killer ooze in the water pipes, and it was some kind of monster of the same green stuff. There was a pit where all the pipes would meet, and people were fighting it down inside the pit.

I was at the top of the pit, looking down. Along side me are the SUPER FRIENDS, lol; Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman etc from the cheesy Hanna Barbara cartoon.

They are all staying at the top of the pit, looking down with me, trying to come up with a battle plan.

I see people below being killed, they have no hope against the monster (attacking it with shovels, etc). I am filled with a passion to go and FIGHT! and I jump down into the pit to fight it.

The Super Friends all call to me saying 'No! Wait! Don't go yet/Don't fight!' - but I ignore them and attack the monster.

I am instantly enveloped by it without even striking a blow, and I DIE.

I mean DIE. It was very clear.

This dream stuck with me my whole life.

Today, I can see 2 possible conclusions:

1. It is a metaphor for how I died in a past life. Maybe I fought recklessly against some injustice and was killed in vain (?)

2. It is some kind of warning not to make this mistake in THIS life. We know we are living in times of rebellion, and I know I am drawn to do what I can. Is the dream telling me that one day if I am drawn to passion, to not run in foolishly to fight, but to stay back and game-plan a little smarter?

And who are the Super Friends in this dream? I remember them exactly as such; powerful, good heroes whom I could explicitly trust. Might I be among a group of such souls one day?

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Thu May 21, 2015 10:05 pm

FionaO wrote:Flying dreams demand a lot of faith, it seems, at least for me. Like you can only do it if you trust in an essential buoyancy and goodwill at work in the universe. I sound like Wile E. Coyote realising he's walking on air, now, but that's what flying dreams are like for me. Maybe I'm a basically anxious sort.

That said, when you do go with it, it's glorious and giddy and weirdly existentially comforting.

what a great way to describe it.

I like your ideas of trust and goodwill as related to buoyancy.

Very Taoist :D

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Fri May 22, 2015 12:04 am

Masato wrote:Wow great stuff everyone.

SRBrant offers a good question of perceived time...

I don't think I've ever talked to animals like Edge, nor had extensive underwater dreams like Canuckster. It would seem each person has their own worlds, some more meaningful to the individual than others.

Here is the 1 dream that I think stands out the most in my life:

I was about 7 I think... and in the dream the WATER SUPPLY was poisoned with this living green slime/ooze. I remember watching friends drinking from a water fountain; it would first be nice water but then the green would come out and would KILL THEM. I remember this one girl I was really worried about, trying to protect her.

The next thing I remember is that somehow it had been discovered the SOURCE of this green killer ooze in the water pipes, and it was some kind of monster of the same green stuff. There was a pit where all the pipes would meet, and people were fighting it down inside the pit.

I was at the top of the pit, looking down. Along side me are the SUPER FRIENDS, lol; Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman etc from the cheesy Hanna Barbara cartoon.

They are all staying at the top of the pit, looking down with me, trying to come up with a battle plan.

I see people below being killed, they have no hope against the monster (attacking it with shovels, etc). I am filled with a passion to go and FIGHT! and I jump down into the pit to fight it.

The Super Friends all call to me saying 'No! Wait! Don't go yet/Don't fight!' - but I ignore them and attack the monster.

I am instantly enveloped by it without even striking a blow, and I DIE.

I mean DIE. It was very clear.

This dream stuck with me my whole life.

Today, I can see 2 possible conclusions:

1. It is a metaphor for how I died in a past life. Maybe I fought recklessly against some injustice and was killed in vain (?)

2. It is some kind of warning not to make this mistake in THIS life. We know we are living in times of rebellion, and I know I am drawn to do what I can. Is the dream telling me that one day if I am drawn to passion, to not run in foolishly to fight, but to stay back and game-plan a little smarter?

And who are the Super Friends in this dream? I remember them exactly as such; powerful, good heroes whom I could explicitly trust. Might I be among a group of such souls one day?

thats a heavy dream for a 7 year old.
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri May 22, 2015 11:21 am

Yeah it rocked my world man.

Lots of symbolism from a CT perspective, too. You remember the Tshirt I made with the 'Fight Don't Fight' graphic... this is also a main theme in my screenplays (the question of fighting/willpower VS not fighting/surrendering to the Tao)

It has always stuck with me. So strange, all from 1 of millions of dreams that occurred when I was young

How does it all fit together?

I'm telling you dreams are weird, lol

SRBrant

Postby SRBrant » Mon May 25, 2015 12:36 am

Had a very strange semi-lucid dream during a nap this afternoon...

Return to “Anarchy Zone”