Need ideas for Kitsune Society lore.

Arts, Philosophy, Spirituality & Wisdom
SRBrant

Need ideas for Kitsune Society lore.

Postby SRBrant » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:23 pm

Canuckster wrote:that shit makes no sense, the villagers ran from one monster yet attack and kill an even greater monster?

The point is, you can't always be the hero with your sword swinging every which way. If you can teach people to benefit from their perceived problems, then go for it.

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:38 am

will you let me have my fun?
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

SRBrant

Postby SRBrant » Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:34 am

Canuckster wrote:will you let me have my fun?

Not until you help your father clean out the garage. XD

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:29 am

Canucksters father is a capable man who can clean out his own garage. I know this.
My Uncles father (not blood-related) was a Sufi, apparently really into haschisch. To me that story means that you should not attempt to solve other peoples problem without first understanding those people. It is a very sound philosophy and frequently lost on NGO-workers claiming to improve the lives of those "beneath" them. Without first having a sound understanding of something you should now attempt to rectify it. The western equivalent would be the hippocratical oath.

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:36 am

My dad's in Florida in a gated community. Don't think he has a garage.

Also: I see an issue asking for lore on a board like this where. The people have no attachment, exposure or experience within your organization.

Accumulated knowledge or beliefs held by a group about a subject, especially when passed from generation to generation by oral tradition.
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:20 am

I am better than your father at mian xiang. If you really do want more on him I can give it to you, won't make you any happier for sure. In your case I wouldn't worry about the negative impact eoither, but it is very boring to know peoples paths.
Oral tradition has been shown to be more reliable than written.
I don't give a fuck about Kitsune society, I reckon the fox feels similarly.

Canuckster, could you PM me a face shot, I'll read you (I'm a bit bored, limbo on whether to sleep, drink more moonshine or wait for my rich student to call. I am not a charlatan like mr cold read Dong John. You are very down low (homosexual negroid) so its hard to tell shit from your words. Masato is a cool, but cowardly cat and you're his friend. I do not like anonomity.

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:23 pm

Are you in the right thread?

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:49 pm

I see the tale related to Kisune & ideas of activism;

You can't go and shock people awake. If you are too over-the-top or too blunt people people will reject it.

A message is better delivered from within; slower, more in tune with the natural frequency of one's audience.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:50 pm

PS: sleep well, Som. We'll see ya in the morning perhaps

:D

SRBrant

Postby SRBrant » Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:34 pm

That's another issue: we have very little history of our own as a group. That's why I'm writing our lore and teachings so we have a solid foundation for the traditions to come.

Return to “Creative Sanctuary”