Need ideas for Kitsune Society lore.

Arts, Philosophy, Spirituality & Wisdom
SRBrant

Need ideas for Kitsune Society lore.

Postby SRBrant » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:53 pm

I want to write more for the group's lore page, but I need some inspiration. Something that will get me into that mindset where the gods and I have a clear channel (without drugs). Something that will trigger my third eye into opening.

And what to write about, exactly? Those fleeting glimpses of the Aether we see in the very back of our minds? My plans for the Kitsune Society in the future? My plans for the Kitsune Society in the FAR future? Or perhaps my idea of what mankind's true destiny is?

Help me out here, guys.

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:51 am

not sure i understand the question
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

SRBrant

Postby SRBrant » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:18 am

Sorry, got a little too deep there. ^^; What I mean is, should I just follow my intuition and write whatever feels right and risk coming off as a mental case? Or should I focus on a much more relevant topic?

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:45 am

-So you are looking for something to get in the right mindset?

-Then you want to know what to write?

I figure if you find an answer to the first problem, the second will unfold naturally.
Just follow what wants to come out. If you force it it is not real writing imo

PS: Weed is not drugs. Its GREAT for initiating a creative mindset. Also I bet foxes eat it when they find it :D

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:48 am

Ask the Kitsune! What would a Fox want to write about if he could? Channel the Kitsune and see what comes out! lol (serious)

Also, if its any help, right around the time I started getting trippy Kitsune signs, a friend came to visit and brought me a book of SUFI TALES.

These are multi-thousand-year-old storied told by the monks of ancient Middle East... Islamic mystics etc. Apparently most of our english fairy tales are all bastardized copies from these.

They are like Zen koans but in some regards superior, as they are not so abstract.

However, my friend told me they are all designed to work on 3 distinct levels; 1 of common sense and real-life wisdom, and 2 more of higher states of mind.

They are short, easy to read, and most of them fucking just knock you over with their insight, simplicity, and wonder.

Maybe find some Sufi Tales, and if 1 or 2 of them really inspire you, you can write about what insights you feel are opening as a result of them.

You could also write about how the day after I put a Kitsune mask as my facebook profile picture I found a few thousand dollars in my bank account when I could have sworn I was at $zero :D (true)

SRBrant

Postby SRBrant » Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:01 pm

Brilliant! Thank you so much!

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:33 pm

This is the book he gave me:

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:50 pm

Man,

You and I haven't been around enough lately. We need to have a pow wow soon
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:20 pm

A man wanders into the Land of Fools.

(isn't that the most perfect beginning? lol)

He stumbles on a village, where in the middle of a field there is a watermelon. The people had never seen a watermelon before, and so mistook it for a monster. 'Help! Help!' they cried as they all ran from the monster.

The man, knowing what watermelons are, decided to take advantage of the moment. So he offered to kill the monster for them. They agreed, and he pranced in and slayed the watermelon monster. He even cut a piece out and began to eat it!

At this, the people all thought that he must be an even greater monster, and so they attacked and killed him.

Years later, another man entered the Land of Fools, and saw the same thing. But instead, he pretended NOT to know about watermelons, and played along pretending it was indeed a monster.

Soon he became friends with the village, and with time he slowly introduced them to his knowledge of watermelons, and eventually even taught the village how to grow them.

(paraphrased - my friend read that one to me from a different book)

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:15 pm

that shit makes no sense, the villagers ran from one monster yet attack and kill an even greater monster?

Return to “Creative Sanctuary”