All our heros are gonne?

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

All our heros are gonne?

Postby Edge Guerrero » Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:05 pm

- Christian real name William Jason Reso in ring career is done, one of the most talent pro-wrestlers ever and maybe the most underated, and a favorite of myne.

And all the others are gonna retire soon, the same with mma, Wanderlei Silva was thati what i loved about fighting sports and what made them so special over the others sports, same in pro-wrestling, a man facing the strugles to overcome the adversitys or dye trying. And now he is gonne, before him i had another ones, Royce, Sakurai, Coleman, Ruas, Rizzo, Renzo, Taktarov.
And Mark Kerr was the hero of several people too(Penxv sorry for me being a jerk on the other thread)
And in K1 Ray Sefo, Francisco Filho, Andy Hug, Sam Greco, GLauber Feitosa, Musashi are gonne too.

The same with other users here, and we see they go, the selfish part of me, that is far more strong than the altruist part want's Triple H, The Rock and Kane to wrestle forever, or watch a new Jackie Chan or Stallone movie every week.
But those man and womans, (Lita is the greatest female wrestler of all time) put their body on the line, and i liking or not, they still humans, maybe that is their charm after all.

The movie sessions with Bud Spencer and Terence Hill are a great memory to keep, and Lionheart is the best movie of Van Damme.
And Leslie Nielsen, Robin Willians, Christopher Reeve, Michael Clark Duncan, Cedric the entertainer, Brittany Murphy, jOhn Candy, Chico Anysio or Mel Brook's are gonne too.

The reason i put his thread here instead of the Anarchy zone, this isn't a nostalgy thread(ok is a little).
Is a ramble about a thing we all face, or dad's faced(rip Charles Bronson) and or grandfathers faced too(Rip john Wayne, i liked Kirk Douglas more).

And or sons are gonna face, their heros are gonna go too, their mark will stay with us in a special place of or hearth(memories).
And don't make i start talking about or dogs or cat's. :mrgreen:

Dawn estregens bro.
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:13 pm

Being a manly man is no longer politically correct, so those guys are typically not pushed as heroes.

Instead you have hollywood manufactured shemales being crammed down the publics throat, and as the generations change, things will move on as they always have.
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:37 am

Is it that our heroes are gone, or we are becoming too old/wise to look for strength in heroes?

I'm sure Hollywood has created a whole new batch of heroes that we likely never heard of. But are they REAL?

IMO real 'heroes' are more like mythical archetypes that outlast the actors who play them. Ideas like Kwai Chang Caine, Rocky, Luke Skywalker etc are almost eternal. Likewise musicians like Bob Marley and the Sex Pistols.

But you bring a good point; nowadays kids don't know any of those heroes (most kids don't understand Star Wars these days) - so who are the new generation of 'Heroes'? Who can the kids of today/tomorrow look up to?

I'm so out of touch with modern entertainment I honestly have no idea if there are even any such archetypal figures out there with any integrity.

One of my heroes of today is James Corbett, but he's not very manly or inspiring to look at lol

Also: FUCK John Wayne
:D

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:01 pm

corbett has bigger balls than most, say what you want about him, he is a true hero for the people, too bad people think the hero as to look like what they show on tv.
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:10 am

Hero worship is for cementing nationalism. I don't buy it.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:05 am

Good call Som

Real heroes IMO are only a reflection of our own potential inside of us... so if it's already inside us we don't need heroes to externalize it

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:56 pm

ditto

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:23 am

SRBrant

Postby SRBrant » Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:43 pm

Masato wrote:Is it that our heroes are gone, or we are becoming too old/wise to look for strength in heroes?

I'm sure Hollywood has created a whole new batch of heroes that we likely never heard of. But are they REAL?

IMO real 'heroes' are more like mythical archetypes that outlast the actors who play them. Ideas like Kwai Chang Caine, Rocky, Luke Skywalker etc are almost eternal. Likewise musicians like Bob Marley and the Sex Pistols.

But you bring a good point; nowadays kids don't know any of those heroes (most kids don't understand Star Wars these days) - so who are the new generation of 'Heroes'? Who can the kids of today/tomorrow look up to?

I'm so out of touch with modern entertainment I honestly have no idea if there are even any such archetypal figures out there with any integrity.

One of my heroes of today is James Corbett, but he's not very manly or inspiring to look at lol

Also: FUCK John Wayne
:D

There are still real heroes out there. The media just doesn't want them to give you any ideas.

Return to “Anarchy Zone”