FOLLOW YOUR BLISS

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Masato
Site Admin

FOLLOW YOUR BLISS

Postby Masato » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:26 pm

Hey all,

I keep hearing the same thing from many people whom I have considered to be wise or happy;

Joseph Campbell always said 'Follow your Bliss" - he compared the inner archetype in ALL humans that relates to the story of the 'Hero's Journey'... when one is brave enough to take up the call that is unique to them and let it go wherever destiny leads them:

Alan Watts said the same thing in his famous 'If Money Were No Object' speech:

I think this is so simple and true, and have seen the truth of it not only in my own life when I have been smart enough to listen to this advice... but I have also seen in others whom I have witnessed who have answered the call.

FOR THOSE WHO ARE STILL YOUNG: You have a chance to do this before you become too entangled in the system.

FOR THOSE ENTANGLED IN THE SYSTEM: It's not too late

BE the superhero of your own movie. BE the character your inner child's voice wants to be. Have the courage to admit what that bliss is, no matter how strange, how odd, or how illogical it may be, and START DOING IT.

You don't have to have a plan to monetize it, you don't have to know where it's going. You don't have to quit your day job (yet :) ). Just START. Let that side of you out, honor it, and slowly begin pouring it into the world.

I believe, as Joseph Campbell repeats, that once we start doing this, that "...doors will open where you didn't know they were going to be", and we awaken more fully to ourselves and to life.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:33 pm

"To practice any art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow. So do it."
-Kurt Vonnegut

"Most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you turly want to become. Everything else is secondary."
-Steve Jobs

"The one thing that you have that nobody else has is you. Your voice, your mind, your story, your vision. So write and draw and build and play and dance and live only as you can."
-Neil Gaiman

“Just don’t give up trying to do what you really want to do. Where there’s love and inspiration, I don’t think you can go wrong.”
—Ella Fitzgerald

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:43 am

- You need to Bolieve.^^
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

penxv

Postby penxv » Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:37 am

It's very true. If you keep doing the things that you enjoy/ are interested in, at some point you become proficient. And opportunities arise because of that.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:00 am

And it just makes fuckin sense... lol

We KNOW we are only here for 70-100 years at best. Why not spend this amazing life doing what makes you happy?

How insane is it to spend that time doing things you don't like? I understand the $$ System is a bitch, but we need to look at our existence from a more mystical level; here we are in this physical reality, on this amazing planet, with a brain and hands etc... - your visit here is finite - WHAT WILL YOU DO? WHO are you/do you want to be? What makes you happiest? What can you offer to others & the world? How can you make others happy?

Be great, my friends! (and not in the sense that Hollywood tells you) - set your own standard

I started this journey 15 years ago when I had a powerful urge to make animated movies of some stories I was writing. This decision led to meeting my wife, and the life I had today.

Then I kind of lost track of it, catching up with bills and responsibilities of parenthood etc. Attempts to get my scripts into the right hands were failing, and I began to grow weary of my job.

I have only recently re-addressed this question in my life and am re-discovering myself and getting back on this path. Believe it or not, 'Sonnen's War' was the beginning of this return to the path; I asked myself 'what is it I really enjoy doing?'... and I had to embarrassingly admit I REALLY liked making MMA shoop comedy! I had just made Episode 1 and it stuck out so blatantly I decided there to continue and FINISH it, and see where the universe takes me.

Now that I'm done, I am PUMPED to keep making comics and telling stories - just to think of it really makes me happy even though its a lot of work and hard to manage with family/bills etc.

I still dream of telling those original stories, but following my bliss has made me realize that with practise and exposure one day I can maybe make them as epic comics/graphic novels instead of movies... and to be honest I think this makes me even happier to dream of, as movies can be so corrupted with all the $$ and people needed to be involved.

Also, my wife has been ACTIVELY following her bliss for a few years now (she put it on hold for a long time while the kids were young to be a mom) - and is ROCKIN it. She will have a new commercial space in less than 1 month, something she has been dreaming of and fighting for, and it is really coming together. VERY inspiring, its just proof that when we know what we want and have the guts to go for it that things really do happen.

I think it also keeps us young - people I know without any dreams/goals/passions all seem to be kind of dying faster :(

Return to “Anarchy Zone”