What Would Kwai Chang Caine Do?

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Masato
Site Admin

What Would Kwai Chang Caine Do?

Postby Masato » Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:36 pm

Hey all

Sometimes when I find myself lacking in patience or clarity, I have tried to imagine myself as a person or character who I think of as wise. And, sometimes, it works. For a moment, there is a definite change of consciousness, you buzz out of your current dilemma, and a palpable shift of frequency can be felt, often bringing wisdom that our stubborn selves would not previously listen to.

A good one imo is KWAI CHANG CAINE from the original TV series 'Kung Fu'. Not for him ability to kick ass and perfor physical feats... but the other qualities :) The reason I find it so accessible is because the show itself has a very distinct tone, sound, feeling. It is easy to recall and pretend as though I am in an episode. Caine has brought me out of a few situations.

What is this? What is going on? How can a fictional character bring about real change in consciousness?

I couldn't really find many youtube vids to demonstrate, (most of these are scenes from the temple, where I wanted to find more vids of Caine in the WIld West) - but if you dig these I HIGHLY recommend watching more full episodes. As someone who has spent some time exploring thoughts of Taoism and Zen buddhism, I am continually impressed with the sincerity of the writers' efforts to really touch the heart of the themes. I have the box sets and love them.

JOL

Postby JOL » Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:45 pm

This is weird, but I've done the same thing. Or I try to imagine what Master Po would have to say. For me, it's usually a case of letting go of anger, irritability, sadness, or even hope. When I'm at my best, I really don't worry about anything. If I can sort of "rise above" my desires, all my problems disappear. They stay gone until I forget and find myself thinking like a worrier again. It is possible to operate in this stressful world without getting sucked-in to the stress itself. Relax, breathe, give up struggling. If things don't work out, fuck it.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:46 am

It's weird how similar 'worrier' is to 'warrior'.

One little switch, and we can become either.

State of mind is so much of our reality, yet we spend so little time understanding it or how to use it.

JOL

Postby JOL » Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:27 pm

POSSIBLY INAPROPRIATE: Anyone else ever notice how Carradine (as Caine) would smirk and get off nastily whenever they tied him up by his neck? True. Also, anyone else think Master Khan was gay? Okay one more, did you get the repeated impression Master Po was just sadistically fucking with young Caine's mind for his own twisted amusement? LOL. Thoughts?

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:56 am

^ LOLOLOLOLOLOL

SO true, that's hilarious

I almost wanna make a short shoop-comic for that. I'm guessing you know that's how he died, right? lol

I bet Po wasn't even blind, he just had glowing contacts and liked to prank people :)

Return to “Anarchy Zone”