Manly P Hall Defends Belief in Re-Birth

Arts, Philosophy, Spirituality & Wisdom
Masato
Site Admin

Manly P Hall Defends Belief in Re-Birth

Postby Masato » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:07 am

Hey all

For those unfamiliar, Manly P Hall was a total freak of nature. At age of 27, he completed 'The Secret Teachings of All Ages': An Encyclopedic Outline of Masonic, Hermetic, Qabbalistic and Rosicrucian Symbolical Philosophy: Being an Interpretation of the Secret Teachings concealed within the Rituals, Allegories and Mysteries of all Ages' - still considered to this day to be the leading masterpiece on the subject

But not only did he compile such a huge volume of work, he seemed to actually understand it far beyond a mere intellectual level. His understanding was so deep that he gave all his speeches (of which there are many recorded) without notes, and would just speak directly from the heart/mind.

For his mastering of understanding Freemasonic mythology, he was given an honorary 33rd degree as a mason, but from what I know he was never really a mason beyond this. (some of the best insights for anyone curious about Freemasonry would come from Hall)

Again, I wouldn't know where to begin choosing which videos to share... but I am listening to this now and it is amazing. Even when defending a belief so seemingly easily open to ridicule, he defends it with a poetic harmony rarely heard.

Remember, all of this is without notes, he just speaks on a given topic until he is done:

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:01 am

Nice follow-up, just outlining the fruits of such beliefs, the virtues that they naturally bring, and the many theological questions that it so perfectly answers where other theologies often cannot:

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:25 am

Don't forget he was a canadian.
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Return to “Creative Sanctuary”