Graphic Novel Project Attempt (revived)

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Som-Pong

Masato Attempts to make a (NEW) Graphic Novel

Postby Som-Pong » Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:06 am

There's big business in some northeastern provinces to take dogs and sell them to Vietnam. I get eating dog during war time but in peace time it doesn't seem right.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:18 am

I still need to find some research on HOW modern dog-catching is actually done.

The thick of the story begins when a clean-up of the street dog population on the island is ordered. But how do they do this nowadays?

I keep thinking of this guy, lol - but that's not at all what I want:

robthom

Postby robthom » Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:24 pm

Check out LordKarnage on youtube.

He's currently on his third kickstarter "Zine" comic.

But the interesting thing is he's documenting a lot of the process, and he's got this incredible touchscreen deal.

I thing its running adobe.
But its a badass combo of being able to draw freely and shortcut through technology to get your vision straight to the screen/paper.

It almost makes me want to start drawing again, but I barely have the energy to bitch on the internet.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:59 am

THANKS robthom!

I will definitely check it out. Would love to figure out how indy comics are monetized... I am a terrible businessman but would love to be able to work on this project more hours of the week without feeling bad that I'm not paying my bills/working for the fam

Do you have any idea how much $ his kickstarter goals were? vs how many pages of comic?

I'll have a look, thanks for the tip

Welcome to the forum!

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:14 pm

FionaO

Postby FionaO » Mon May 18, 2015 2:00 am

What an interesting and inspiring thread. Can relate very much to profession killing the creative self-- I'm a copywriter who's getting back into writing short fiction. Your plotting/planning process is intriguing.

Loved Sonnen's War so much-- you really got at what I imagine to be the platonic ideals of these amazing personalities-- and this seems brilliant too. I have a dog I adore and project all sorts of personae onto so looking forward to reading this.

Thanks for hosting me at your forums.

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Mon May 18, 2015 11:37 am

Welcome Robthom and Fiona! I hope you like the community.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon May 18, 2015 5:14 pm

FionaO wrote:What an interesting and inspiring thread. Can relate very much to profession killing the creative self-- I'm a copywriter who's getting back into writing short fiction. Your plotting/planning process is intriguing.

Loved Sonnen's War so much-- you really got at what I imagine to be the platonic ideals of these amazing personalities-- and this seems brilliant too. I have a dog I adore and project all sorts of personae onto so looking forward to reading this.

Thanks for hosting me at your forums.

WELCOME FionaO!!

I am super stoked that you decided to drop in. (I invited her here from Twitter)

I wasn't joking about the lack of female presence on the internet... Its bafflingly absent on most all forums I have ever enjoyed. This is lame for lots of reasons, among them that men without any feminine eyes to watch out for tend to eventually post like brutes, lol.

Forums can be so cool for so many reasons, I really think it is a special and powerful medium... but the fact that it seems to mostly attract just males is really weird imo

LETS CHANGE THIS!!! Is it really impossible to create a forum that more accurately reflects real social life?

Imagine how cool it would be if we made it here. Would certainly love to have some women artists etc to come share their worlds. How can we bring more?

The thing about this place is that its still just getting going, there is still room to SHAPE IT. FionaO, if you decide to come back and post more, please don't try to adapt to what is here, but help define it!! Rock whatever you like, set the standard for a more balanced forum culture

PS: What do you copyright?

This struggle of finding time for meaningful creative work I think is a really key part of our times.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon May 18, 2015 6:12 pm

PS: Can I make you an avatar?

and does the name 'IOCO' mean anything to you? :D

JosephDredd

Postby JosephDredd » Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:32 am

Masato! This is breathtaking! Your dogs look amazing, I can't wait to come back when I'm not suffering from insomnia and can take it all in properly!

Also this looks like you cribbed it from the unabomber. just fyi

Return to “Anarchy Zone”