Video games no one has ever beaten

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Luigi

Video games no one has ever beaten

Postby Luigi » Tue May 05, 2020 5:07 am

I recently found this old website that catalogues how many people own and have beaten PCE games and it has a pretty solid international community yet a handful nobody has ever beat. I will post them here. Post a game if you believe nobody has ever cleared it.

Edit: This Japanese guy has beaten 60/100 levels on the Japanese version: https://www.nicovideo.jp/user/4726202/video

Edit: and this guy beat easy/slow mode: https://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm19266853

Actually I think the reason this one is so hard is because its the port of an Apple II game so would have had a mouse to use but with a joypad youre much slower, hence the only guy who can do it uses slow mode. Edit: So actually in Japan there was a mouse add-on that was never realeased anywhere else. Guess everyone else is just supposed to play slow mode. Edit: The mouse add on doesnt work with this game. there might be new strategies that could be developed to work with different speeds.

Edit: someone did the sega genesis version of this one

Edit: I downloaded this and just beat it on an emulator. Not a bad game but very slow paced. They basically sacrificed speed to render 3d polygons.

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Fri May 08, 2020 9:08 pm

- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Fri May 08, 2020 11:23 pm

I downloaded Gunboat and just beat it on emulator. As for Bad Street Brawler, every non-Japanese NES game has been beaten. They used to beat every NES game every year on Nintendo Age when it was still around. They are doing the same now on video game sage.

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Sat May 09, 2020 1:39 pm

Luigi wrote:I downloaded Gunboat and just beat it on emulator. As for Bad Street Brawler, every non-Japanese NES game has been beaten. They used to beat every NES game every year on Nintendo Age when it was still around. They are doing the same now on video game sage.

- The way that the screen is set up, makes hard to see the enemy!

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Sat May 09, 2020 10:29 pm

Ya kinda, you have unlimited ammo and guns on each side of your ship though so you can basically just hold down the shoot button when the enemy is near and they die. Its mostly about not taking much damage from each encounter.

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Tue May 12, 2020 4:01 am

I just discovered the origin story of Timeball, called Blodia in Japan, itself derived from the original name of the game: Diablo. The creator Manuel Constantinidis explains:

"I developed it on or around 1982 on the Texas Instraments TI 99/4A Home Computer.

There was a Software Competition in Sydney Australia in which I won first prize for the game. I later went on to license it on many platforms, although many more appeared that I had no involvement in. Broderbund Japan licensed it for the gameboy and called it "Blodia" for trademark issues due to Diablo Printers back then. They merely flipped the first 3 letters for the last 3.

My inspiration for it and also for its name was from the attached image of the french version of the "15 puzzle" game called "Diablotin", which had been around for over a hundered years."

For record the "Diablotin":

and the original version of the game:

He goes on to say:

"I have to say that I really don't remember receiving anything for the ADAM. and Royalties from Extended Software were really next to nothing.
Actually, I only heard of Image Microcorp when I read this article last week,,lol. But I have seen other versions around too that I wasn't involved in. You will notice that my name is not mentioned on the credits for the ADAM, as it is on most other platforms. There was even a macintosh version, however it didn't make it to the market."

I kinda suspected that because the original game seems so basic compared to Timeball/Blodia. I suspect the ridiculous difficult had something to do with Japan, so perhaps the Gameboy version will have it too. Aaand yep same crazy difficulty. Lots of good info in this video:

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Sun May 17, 2020 10:03 pm

I beat the first 75 levels of Timeball/Blodia.

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Wed May 20, 2020 12:30 am

Just finished level 90. Took me over 2 hours just to do level 90.

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Fri May 22, 2020 5:33 am

Just beat Time Ball! A strange thing happened with this game: After the first 15 levels the difficulty skyrockets and keeps getting harder UNTIL level 91, at which point not only are the levels easier, but the design is noticeably different. The levels feel like they were designed for a human to have fun again, for the first time since around level 15. Level 100 took me 10 mins to solve, and by comparison there were levels in the 20s where I gave up after hours and watched the guy playing easy mode for a strategy. If I had to guess what happened I think the devs were feeling the time crunch after 15 or so levels and just started throwing stuff together and paying some minimum wage testers to play it for hours until it was confirmed solvable eventually and approved for the game. Then when they had 10 levels left they started to relax and actually design the levels around fun again. I beat 7 of the last 10 levels without consulting the Japanese slow mode playthrough, while for 80-90 I probably beat 2 or 3 without consulting. The slow mode solutions often didnt work though because the player would abuse the fact that he had so much time to just force a solution by moving the pieces many times. Id say about 25% of the time it would work perfectly, 25% of the time it would be completely inapplicable on normal speed, and the rest of the time it wouldnt work but it did put me in the right direction and often a modified version would work.

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Fri May 22, 2020 12:34 pm

Luigi wrote:Just beat Time Ball! A strange thing happened with this game: After the first 15 levels the difficulty skyrockets and keeps getting harder UNTIL level 91, at which point not only are the levels easier, but the design is noticeably different. The levels feel like they were designed for a human to have fun again, for the first time since around level 15. Level 100 took me 10 mins to solve, and by comparison there were levels in the 20s where I gave up after hours and watched the guy playing easy mode for a strategy. If I had to guess what happened I think the devs were feeling the time crunch after 15 or so levels and just started throwing stuff together and paying some minimum wage testers to play it for hours until it was confirmed solvable eventually and approved for the game. Then when they had 10 levels left they started to relax and actually design the levels around fun again. I beat 7 of the last 10 levels without consulting the Japanese slow mode playthrough, while for 80-90 I probably beat 2 or 3 without consulting. The slow mode solutions often didnt work though because the player would abuse the fact that he had so much time to just force a solution by moving the pieces many times. Id say about 25% of the time it would work perfectly, 25% of the time it would be completely inapplicable on normal speed, and the rest of the time it wouldnt work but it did put me in the right direction and often a modified version would work.

- How old is this game?
Just read you other post. Several old games from others consoles that wherent Nintendo or sega,had really strange controls!

Return to “Anarchy Zone”