Masato Toys Forum Gets Credit for Sherdog ISL (IRONY)

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Masato
Site Admin

Masato Toys Forum Gets Credit for Sherdog ISL (IRONY)

Postby Masato » Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:30 pm

Hey all - check this out:

So Sherdog has been holding the 'International Shooping League', with hilarious results (Sherdog definitely has some of the best MMA photoshoppers on the net).

Some of the competitors are kind enough to post the results of each round here as I was part of that scene before getting banned (I can't compete anymore)... internation-shooping-league-t454.html

- but this website called Tap, Nap, Snap (of which I am a fan) is posting about it as if it was happening here: lol

http://tapnapsnap.com/masato-toys-inter ... -internet/

Obviously just a simple misunderstanding, but considering my history with Sherdog I thought it was funny.

Maybe this will bring more shoopers here... this unique artform needs a real dojo. Then we can start making cross-forum challenge matches etc lol
New F7 Crew REPRESENT!!! :)

Total Immortal

Postby Total Immortal » Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:39 pm

This is pretty funny, but has it been cleared up that the ISL is a Sherdog original?

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:27 pm

It has for my part - I immediately pointed out the error here, and on my FB and twitter.

I also told Tap Nap Snap, what they do is out of my hands.

No harm done imo. I just hope it brings more shoopers here.

I still wanna make this place a haven/community for creative MMA fans/shoopers. Been thinking about making little tutorial vids or something, also would still love to manage some cross-forum shoop challenges etc.

Total Immortal

Postby Total Immortal » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:42 pm

Masato wrote:It has for my part - I immediately pointed out the error here, and on my FB and twitter.

I also told Tap Nap Snap, what they do is out of my hands.

No harm done imo. I just hope it brings more shoopers here.

I still wanna make this place a haven/community for creative MMA fans/shoopers. Been thinking about making little tutorial vids or something, also would still love to manage some cross-forum shoop challenges etc.

Definitely a good idea to "cross promote" between here and S-dog. You need to start your own shoop league here and once it gets going it'll be easy to sell cross promotional shoop-offs. You have quite a lot of us here who still post on Sherdog to spread word of this forum so it shouldn't be too difficult imo.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:53 pm

^ well I can't do shit at Sherdog w/ the IP ban

but I agree cross-forum challenges is a wicked idea. I would put our members over any forum, the trouble here at the moment is consistency. Members tend to flood in/go MIA in different waves. I haven'd seen Sheets/BobbyD/Chamber etc for a while now for example.

As soon as we get some more regular flow I'm gonna recruit up a team, it would be tons of fun. Like oldschool Gracie Challenge-matches lol

- In the meantime, anything that can be done to bring more traffic here would be great, I am not the best promoter/marketer. But things seem to be settling in, we've created something special here - strong potential, lets keep it growin' & flowin'

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:03 am

lol thats awesome. Chuck I know you will lurk this thread so just join us already, resistance is futile.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:52 am

Hey everyone...

This latest occurrence has inspired me.

ultimate-shooping-championship-interforum-shoop-romo-league-t590.html

Who's in?? Send out the invites/challenges on whatever forums you post at, let's see if we can make it happen!

fungi

Postby fungi » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:48 pm

LOL.

Masato, any exposure, even a "by mistake' one is good for the forum. Let them come in!

Return to “Anarchy Zone”