the pro, adult animated series

Arts, Multimedia, & Creative Manifestations
Canuckster

the pro, adult animated series

Postby Canuckster » Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:38 am

"The illusion of freedom will continue as long as it's profitable to continue. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, and youll see the brick wall at the back of the theater."

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:00 pm

Quality art & animation! some good artists working on that

Funny too, I laughed... though I find the crude/gross out humor doesn't tend to last long. The juxtaposition of swearing & X-rated content with a TV cartoon is funny but can you really stretch it out?

I thought it was funny to have a lot of cursing in that book Ben and I made, but now I look back and think it would have been stronger without it. I did this to a script a wrote once, went back and took out all the cussing and drug references and its way way better now. Relying on shock I think only has short term value

I am also leaning more and more toward being critical of degrading creative content... shows and movies about violent or depraved characters, exposing an audience to a lot of filth and cussing sex etc. What does this do to people? What does it do to society? What if a kid sees this, mistaking it for a superhero cartoon? If you scroll through any selection of movies (netflix, etc) I would say upwards of 90% is of low-character content. Its kind of sad

I hope one day there is a kind of new renaissance where there is a return to art as a means of uplifting, making beautiful things again, films to inspire, characters to look up to

Return to “Creative Evolution”