I did 4 mins of comedy last week

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
greenseed

I did 4 mins of comedy last week

Postby greenseed » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:02 am

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:28 pm

....actually I never watched it, but good job giving it a go. I've been wanting to try but just never seem to get the nerve
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:21 pm

- Good job! You should work as a manager for some wrestler!
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:22 am

Hey greenseed this is tremendous! Saw this post the other day it pumped me up but haven't had time to sit and watch properly...

weekend was pretty full and I like to get off the computer sometimes. Computer is actually a bit fucked right now tomorrow I may have to take it in so I may not be posting for a while but BIG PROPS for now and thanks tons for sharing/posting. BALLS, lol

I actually went to a comedy night in vic while I was visiting there, was only my second time watching live comedy it was pretty good. The host was a big 6-foot+ fat guy who I thought was very funny, maybe you can go check him out 1 night

I admire comics, gimme a day or two I will watch 100% and bounce any honest feedback that may be relevant

WAR greenseed, badass mofo

(canuckster can fight in cages but can't get up to tell jokes, lol :) greenseed to you work a lot writing material in advance?

Canuckster do you you have any material down somewhere?

its an interesting craft that's for sure. I think I would suck at it, lol

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:07 am

i did in my last phone till i dropped it........:(
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:13 pm

Dude, just smoked a big spliff (yes I broke my Xmas resolution, lol) and watched your set

Legit LOL @ the lookies and toonies/easter egg bit, was dyin :D :D

Dude you are smooth!! So natural, very likeable and relaxed, I would guess the first bunch most comics are all nervous and awkward but I think people will dig your vibe right away

I also like how you're just totally yourself, not hyping up some character to try to make it funnier. That stuff can work but I don't think its good for longevity, always better to be yourself IMO and not just for comedy. Keep going man, you will kill :D

My only advice is maybe try to catch yourself not to the audience hang for TOO long whenever you take a creative pause... your pace is great it sets everything up nice/is working, but a few of the pauses was hangin just a second too long

Keep writing jokes man, you are really good at it I think you could build a killer set

Also boos to all you peeps lurkin here and not giving this man his props. This is the coolest thing any of have done in a while, lol

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:19 pm

oh yeah who was the lady tagging on all your jokes? lol

Prime opportunity to test your heckler skills!! :D

greenseed

Postby greenseed » Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:29 am

Masato wrote:Dude, just smoked a big spliff (yes I broke my Xmas resolution, lol) and watched your set

Legit LOL @ the lookies and toonies/easter egg bit, was dyin :D :D

Dude you are smooth!! So natural, very likeable and relaxed, I would guess the first bunch most comics are all nervous and awkward but I think people will dig your vibe right away

I also like how you're just totally yourself, not hyping up some character to try to make it funnier. That stuff can work but I don't think its good for longevity, always better to be yourself IMO and not just for comedy. Keep going man, you will kill :D

My only advice is maybe try to catch yourself not to the audience hang for TOO long whenever you take a creative pause... your pace is great it sets everything up nice/is working, but a few of the pauses was hangin just a second too long

Keep writing jokes man, you are really good at it I think you could build a killer set

Also boos to all you peeps lurkin here and not giving this man his props. This is the coolest thing any of have done in a while, lol

Thx man, i have a few more minutes already. I was onnly nervous right before like for 2 mins.

greenseed

Postby greenseed » Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:30 am

Masato wrote:oh yeah who was the lady tagging on all your jokes? lol

Prime opportunity to test your heckler skills!! :D

One of my friends i think.. i'll have to listen again to see who.

greenseed

Postby greenseed » Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:30 am

Edge Guerrero wrote:- Good job! You should work as a manager for some wrestler!

Thx edge. i could be your paul heyman

Return to “Anarchy Zone”