Home Street Home

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Masato
Site Admin

Home Street Home

Postby Masato » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:14 pm

Hey all

I'd heard about this before but never saw any links to watch the whole show... I figured you had to buy tickets to go see the play on stage somewhere. Anyways it's a stage musical written by Fat Mike from NOFX, one of my favorite bands. Dude can write songs, let me tell you

So I stumbled on this link yesterday for the whole show, and I fuckin washed my eyes with honor several times, this story just wrecked me, lol. Its a story about street punks, drug addicts, prostitutes etc; basically people who were dealt a super shitty hand in life (abuse etc) and how they deal with it. Supposedly based on a lot of real shit that Fat Mike and his wife saw growing up together.

There was a short time in my youth where I lived with people like this, had a rare peek into a completely different world. But to be honest I was too high and young/naive to really understand what I was seeing. Now with some age, and musicals like this I am starting to see that I probably vastly underestimated the level of abuse those people were likely dealing with.

Anyways, from a creative point of view I was super impressed. I find the craft of creating a stage play fascinating, and rarely hits the mark imo. This one does.

It's super gay (warning), which usually turns me off tbh, and deals with some very disturbing and raunchy shit, but really this was great and rings authentic, these kind of lives are as real as yours and mine

Enjoy:

Trailer:

Full show:

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:22 pm

Making of:

Return to “Anarchy Zone”