Uncle Mega's B-Movie Ping Pong Project

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
penxv

Re: Uncle Mega's B-Movie Ping Pong Project

Postby penxv » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:21 pm

This is already better than any movie that I've seen this year.

Megaterio Llamas

Postby Megaterio Llamas » Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:16 am

penxv wrote:This is already better than any movie that I've seen this year.

I may also enlist Masato and the guys here to help me with an idea I have for an episodic tv series featuring Elvis Presley as a private detective. Based out of Graceland in Memphis, Elvis and various members of the Memphis Mafia would travel around the country in a custom Winnebago on assignment utilizing traditional karate and good old American ingenuity to crack difficult cases. Securing the use of the music would be challenging but I would utilize the Presley songbook liberally. I'm thinking each weekly episode would feature one style vs style martial arts brawl between Elvis' crew and various exotic baddies ie karate vs Kung Fu; karate vs judo, karate vs street fighting etc; one complete song performance; and one slapstick physical comedy pratfall featuring various unfortunate members of the Memphis Mafia, often courtesy of Elvis' pranking; These weekly staples would be placed in different order week to week, keeping the viewer guessing just when his or her favorite bit was coming up. And at the end of each episode Elvis would look directly into the camera and explain the moral of the story to the kids at home.

Not sure if it's a hit or not, but I'd like to think it stands a chance.
el rey del mambo

Diet Butcher

Postby Diet Butcher » Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:04 am

Canuckster wrote:Chinese ping pong player

Me rikey velly much!
Easy there Scarlet Johannson. That offends me.

Sent from my ALP-L29 using Tapatalk

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:13 pm

Megaterio Llamas wrote:

I may also enlist Masato and the guys here to help me with an idea I have for an episodic tv series featuring Elvis Presley as a private detective. Based out of Graceland in Memphis, Elvis and various members of the Memphis Mafia would travel around the country in a custom Winnebago on assignment utilizing traditional karate and good old American ingenuity to crack difficult cases. Securing the use of the music would be challenging but I would utilize the Presley songbook liberally. I'm thinking each weekly episode would feature one style vs style martial arts brawl between Elvis' crew and various exotic baddies ie karate vs Kung Fu; karate vs judo, karate vs street fighting etc; one complete song performance; and one slapstick physical comedy pratfall featuring various unfortunate members of the Memphis Mafia, often courtesy of Elvis' pranking; These weekly staples would be placed in different order week to week, keeping the viewer guessing just when his or her favorite bit was coming up. And at the end of each episode Elvis would look directly into the camera and explain the moral of the story to the kids at home.

Mike Tyson mysteries did this already
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Megaterio Llamas

Postby Megaterio Llamas » Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:37 pm

Canuckster wrote:
Megaterio Llamas wrote:

Mike Tyson mysteries did this already

Dammit. You just saved me a lot of work. I need to check this Mike Tyson Theater out, it sounds fantastic.
el rey del mambo

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:16 pm

It's on netflix
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:36 pm

Beginnings of a semi-blind first draft... nothing yet is set in stone, let me know what you guys think I have a few loose ideas where it could go from here:

Megaterio Llamas

Postby Megaterio Llamas » Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:02 pm

Good stuff Masato. I like the early ping pong turn.
el rey del mambo

penxv

Postby penxv » Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:28 am

Fergie doesn't even have to be a main character. This could just be an introduction into the chinatownesque underworld of ping pong hustlers.

But it would be silly to avoid occasional references to the philosophical safecart racing hobos throughout the film.

penxv

Postby penxv » Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:38 am

Potential for a spin-off, clearly.

Return to “Anarchy Zone”