Uncle Mega's B-Movie Ping Pong Project

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Masato
Site Admin

Re: Uncle Mega's B-Movie Ping Pong Project

Postby Masato » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:36 pm

^^ brilliant!!

Is there a main protagonist/hero then? or is it like an ensemble cast?

Where on the scale of action < > comedy do you imagine?
ie; Is it a semi- believable story with some comedic elements or do you see it as a deliberate caricature?

Or is it a drama? :D

lets see if we can organize some of your ideas... its a very cool premise

Megaterio Llamas

Postby Megaterio Llamas » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:13 am

I saw an ad on tv today featuring a kid's ping pong fantasy scenario. We better get cracking on this I think ;)
el rey del mambo

Megaterio Llamas

Postby Megaterio Llamas » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:11 am

Sweet home North Vancouver :D

Murray Siple's feature-length documentary follows a group of homeless men who have combined bottle picking with the extreme sport of racing shopping carts down the steep hills of North Vancouver. This subculture depicts street life as much more than the stereotypes portrayed in mainstream media. The film takes a deep look into the lives of the men who race carts, the adversity they face and the appeal of cart racing despite the risk. Shot in high-definition and featuring tracks from Black Mountain, Ladyhawk, Vetiver, Bison, and Alan Boyd of Little Sparta.

el rey del mambo

Megaterio Llamas

Postby Megaterio Llamas » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:00 am

You know I have seen these guys around the shore picking bottles and I even talked to a few of them once but they didn't say anything to me about the cart racing. Who would have guessed eh.
el rey del mambo

Jehannum

Postby Jehannum » Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:05 pm

I definitely don't miss those long boring nights talking shit with jakies etc :D

Fergie sleeping on the floor with pillows for socks was my highlight of the film

Megaterio Llamas

Postby Megaterio Llamas » Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:03 am

Jehannum wrote:I definitely don't miss those long boring nights talking shit with jakies etc :D

Fergie sleeping on the floor with pillows for socks was my highlight of the film

It was heartwarming watching Fergie come into his posh new digs from the bushes.

A single manly tear trickled down my cheek just then.

Fergie was ones of the ones that were there the day I stumbled onto one of their drinking holes down by Cap mall. I was just looking for some shade on a hot summer day to smoke a joint. No one mentioned the cart racing though, modest I guess eh :)
el rey del mambo

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:31 pm

LOL I had seen this before years ago and was also impressed

You've actually seen these guys around, Mega? Some rough lives man...

Wonder if they've crashed yet

Megaterio Llamas

Postby Megaterio Llamas » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:09 pm

Masato wrote:LOL I had seen this before years ago and was also impressed

You've actually seen these guys around, Mega? Some rough lives man...

Wonder if they've crashed yet

Yeah, in fact someone crashes and apparently breaks his leg in the opening moments of the film. One of them talks about a friend being tossed 25 feet and dying. I don't know how well you remember the North Shore region but when you exit the Capilano mall through the east corridor leading past the washrooms there is a belt of bush around Mackay Creek across the street. There is a main path through that crosses a bridge over the creek and also some side paths.

It was walking along one of the side paths on a hot summer afternoon four years ago that I stumbled upon a hobo jungle. Had just picked up an oz of Congo and was looking forward to enhancing a racy Congolese buzz with a shady forest wilderness ambiance. Well no sooner had I sat down and sparked up than these characters started showing up one by one and two by two. Fergie in the film was among them. As I said, no one mentioned cart racing but now I know why they prefer Safeway shopping carts :)
el rey del mambo

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:22 am

Watched this again today, its really great

Which one is Fergie? Is this him?

I got an idea for ya Mega... we make that guy the protagonist in your Ping Pong movie; one day while collecting bottles and riding carts, he accidentally picks up something valuable that belongs to someone in the Ping Pong/Chinatown scene. His finding of it draws him into the world he's never known and he becomes the unlikely hero of the tale

:D

Megaterio Llamas

Postby Megaterio Llamas » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:51 am

This is great. We can fit Fergie into the ping pong movie Masato :D

I like the idea of taking characters from life and throwing them into a fictional story.
el rey del mambo

Return to “Anarchy Zone”