Uncle Mega's B-Movie Ping Pong Project

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
penxv

Re: Uncle Mega's B-Movie Ping Pong Project

Postby penxv » Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:49 am

The Chinese genetic advantage re: ping pong competition is a punchline all day.

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:08 am

Maybe not post all this info on a public forum? Untalented Scriptwriters and Hollywood types will take your shit faster than you can write it. Private subforum might be good.
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:09 am

penxv wrote:The Chinese genetic advantage re: ping pong competition is a punchline all day.

If there's not at least one fast twitch muscle Fiber joke in there I'll be seriously disappointed.
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Megaterio Llamas

Postby Megaterio Llamas » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:10 am

Canuckster wrote:Maybe not post all this info on a public forum? Untalented Scriptwriters and Hollywood types will take your shit faster than you can write it. Private subforum might be good.

LOL no one thought he was serious about this but if we're serious you're absolutely right. I'm already seeing a ping pong themed insurance commercial on Canadian tv recently. I'm lazy and certainly not a writer but I've basically had an underground Chinatown ping pong hustling story in my head for God knows how long. Thirty years probably longer. I've probably forgotten some of the best stuff. For me it's gotta have that gritty neon splash retro futuristic Bladerunner look, because Chinatown in Vancouver did look like that already back then. Just take that to the next level. There is a lot of real history in this too, the ping pong hustling scene I may have made up, but the tensions are real.
el rey del mambo

penxv

Postby penxv » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:08 pm

Megaterio Llamas wrote:
Canuckster wrote:Maybe not post all this info on a public forum? Untalented Scriptwriters and Hollywood types will take your shit faster than you can write it. Private subforum might be good.

LOL no one thought he was serious about this but if we're serious you're absolutely right. I'm already seeing a ping pong themed insurance commercial on Canadian tv recently. I'm lazy and certainly not a writer but I've basically had an underground Chinatown ping pong hustling story in my head for God knows how long. Thirty years probably longer. I've probably forgotten some of the best stuff. For me it's gotta have that gritty neon splash retro futuristic Bladerunner look, because Chinatown in Vancouver did look like that already back then. Just take that to the next level. There is a lot of real history in this too, the ping pong hustling scene I may have made up, but the tensions are real.

Maybe post all of this info on a public forum so that we have something to play off of.

penxv

Postby penxv » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:17 pm

Plus if anybody steals the shit we could out him/her/them/they/it on this thread and mess with them on the interwebs.

It would be fun.

Megaterio Llamas

Postby Megaterio Llamas » Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:56 am

penxv wrote:Plus if anybody steals the shit we could out him/her/them/they/it on this thread and mess with them on the interwebs.

It would be fun.

Yes, that would be fun wouldn't it.
el rey del mambo

Megaterio Llamas

Postby Megaterio Llamas » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:18 am

Got any more in the pipeline skipper?
el rey del mambo

penxv

Postby penxv » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:58 pm

It's your story.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:11 pm

Megaterio Llamas wrote:Got any more in the pipeline skipper?

Yeah I have a loose story idea I was hoping to run by you

Up front though I'd like to know if you'd be interested in any sort of magical/mystical shit in the story (like Big Trouble in Little China stuff...), or if you imagine it more reality-based

I had written the scene of the spirit-wolves attacking Fergie, I imagined these were conjured, not real wolves, and that the design of the ping pong paddle might be some secret symbols intended to conjure up some mystical shit lol

Let me know what you think of this, I'll take your feedback and shift around my ideas accordingly, then maybe put together an outline for the greater story possibilities

Much potential here :D

Return to “Anarchy Zone”