The SCP Foundation

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
SRBrant

The SCP Foundation

Postby SRBrant » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:57 pm

For those who don't know, the SCP Foundation is an online collaborative writing project based around the aforementioned organization. The SCP Foundation is an ultra-secretive, ultra-powerful group that is funded by every government entity for a very specific agenda: To capture, research and contain all anomalous items, creatures and phenomena that threaten the illusion of normality or the future of all that we know. "SCP" stands for Special Containment Procedures as well as its motto: "Secure. Contain. Protect."

Writing a new SCP is difficult, as it must be clinical-sounding as possible, adhere to a particular format and pass the gauntlet that is the community's approval, which, as I have found out, is HARD. To write a popular, rock-solid entry is to prove yourself as a great writer.

Objects are divided into three main categories:

Safe - Can be safely contained without any fear of breaking containment and is only anomalous when active or activated.

Euclid - Unpredictable and with a real capacity for danger, capable of breaking containment if procedures are not met.

Keter - Extremely dangerous, requires very specific containment procedures and can be capable of destroying the world.

So it's Men In Black meets Warehouse 13 plus a tanker-truck of high octane nightmare fuel. Incredibly thrilling, incredibly spooky and more than worth your reading time. Here are some of my personal favorites:

SCP-049 - A plague doctor that kills with a single touch and seeks to cure some unknown "plague" by converting his victims into zombies.

SCP-058 - A homicidal walking cow heart with razor-sharp tentacles and poison stinger that constantly says cryptic, haunting shit that makes almost no sense whatsoever.

SCP-096 - The scariest in my opinion. A pale, emaciated, long-limbed humanoid that, if you see even a photograph of its face, it will go berserk and hunt you down and kill you. Always.

SCP-079 - An sentient 1970's microcomputer with a hatred of Humans.

SCP-231-7 - A young girl that is pregnant with some eldritch abomination that may/will end the world. Only way to stop this is through the frequent use of "Procedure 110-Montauk." It's never said what it is, but it is implied to be HORRIBLE.

SCP-303 - A huge-mouthed, eyeless humanoid that always peers through window doors.

SCP-343 - A bearded, benevolent humanoid entity with superpowers who claims to be God himself.

And, what I'd love to have IRL...

SCP-999 - A 140-pound glob of orange goo with the mind of a puppy, eats sweets and enjoys tickle-fighting. Its very touch brings happiness and can even cure depression!

http://www.scp-wiki.net/

https://youtu.be/F-YJSsX-qNk

https://youtu.be/1Jo7zjw8UbE

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:51 pm

wow this is cool I never knew such things existed

Who makes/narrates the videos, and creates the visuals? Or is this part of the writer's submissions?

Are there videos for every entry, or just the highest rated ones?

Do they pay? or is it just for fun to add to the archive?

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:55 pm

Have you written any? Care to share your ideas?

I could get into this if I didn't need to sleep at night

Life is too short/fast for all the cool shit that can be done :(

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:56 pm

SRBrant

Postby SRBrant » Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:13 am

I'm trying to make one. Based on the Nurikabe of Japanese lore. What are your thoughts on what you've seen?

Return to “Anarchy Zone”