Lifedrawing With Masato

Arts, Philosophy, Spirituality & Wisdom
Masato
Site Admin

Re: Lifedrawing With Masato

Postby Masato » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:06 pm

^ I was so inspired by that link that I spent a couple hours copying them on full size lifedrawing paper. Great exercise, I need to do more. So sad these drawing look to be my best they are totally not mine, lol just copies of other drawings. Can't keep em

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:09 pm

From last night. A pretty good night. Huge turnout. Great model.

This Eastern Eurpoean chick was pulling me around on the breaks, had never drawn before ever, had no idea what she was doing but was totally enthralled.

Shinkicker

Postby Shinkicker » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:15 am

Enjoying this thread, Masato.

My 13 year old's abstract piece was chosen by his art teacher to submit to an art contest.
I questioned him about what kind of contest, etc. He doesn't know and doesn't give a shit. Grrrrr. Then he says, "oh yeah, and she's putting my zentangle in an art show."

I had no idea. He told me he hated art class a few weeks ago. Lol. I hope this gets him into it. He loves competition.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:17 pm

Thanks Shinkicker

I would advise to encourage any sort of creativity in kids... calling it 'art' often puts people off, too many hangups and preconceptions what that is supposed to mean. Lots of things can be creative, but each manifestation of it has its own skills and learning curves and adventures. If a kid can find even one that makes them happy and is willing to have patience to develop skills I think this is really healthy. This is why I think they say the Martial ARTS, it really is the same kind of thing, the same sort of reward in personal happiness and self-understanding

Had a good night last night. Making some friends there its kind of fun. One good drawer showed up he said he would come more, I think we might get along. Still haven't found a partner for second-hour-break-spliffs yet :D I invited one guy, he came out but he didn't want to try lol

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:38 pm

Last night was the first night I almost didn't go. Like BJJ, sometimes I just don't feel like I've got it in me, body and mind asking to be lazy. But for the same reasons I decided to go, I know this is right for BJJ too most times

Came with low expectations, thought I drew kinda shitty, but looking again this morning they are not so bad. I am starting to develop a few things that are working.

Becoming friends with a few people there including this model, lol.. A good friend of mine lives just up the street from the the classes so I visit him sometimes after. The model knows him too, did shrooms at a party there once lol so her and her boyfriend (?) who was also drawing that night all came over to my bud's place for spliffs and talk.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:59 pm

Interesting night last night:

Was drawing like SHIT, everything was off. I was looking forward to it tons, and the model was great but somehow my brain just wasn't together and I was missing everything.

In the 3rd hour, I ALMOST was gonna give up/pack it in, but then I remembered what I told my son just a few hours earlier after he got the shit kicked out of him in Jiu Jitsu: I told him I was proud of him for grinding it out and finishing the class, explained how even when you are getting smashed it is still improving your game, sharpening your blades, you need to get those days out to find the good ones.

So I had to eat my lesson, and said OK lets pull this back together... and somehow managed 2 half decent drawings (this one being the better one... other one is kinda fucked)

Then I completely fell apart again on the 3rd pose and bailed, lol

Shinkicker

Postby Shinkicker » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:36 am

Masato wrote:Interesting night last night:

Was drawing like SHIT, everything was off. I was looking forward to it tons, and the model was great but somehow my brain just wasn't together and I was missing everything.

In the 3rd hour, I ALMOST was gonna give up/pack it in, but then I remembered what I told my son just a few hours earlier after he got the shit kicked out of him in Jiu Jitsu: I told him I was proud of him for grinding it out and finishing the class, explained how even when you are getting smashed it is still improving your game, sharpening your blades, you need to get those days out to find the good ones.

So I had to eat my lesson, and said OK lets pull this back together... and somehow managed 2 half decent drawings (this one being the better one... other one is kinda fucked)

Then I completely fell apart again on the 3rd pose and bailed, lol

I think this might be my favorite.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:51 pm

Skipped class last night for the first time in months.

Life is a balancing act, felt I was neglecting another perhaps more important personal project... chose to use the night for that instead. Think it was the right decision, felt good to make some progress on it.

Will go back again next week for sure, I'll be hungry for it!

Shinkicker

Postby Shinkicker » Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:01 am

Masato wrote:Skipped class last night for the first time in months.

Life is a balancing act, felt I was neglecting another perhaps more important personal project... chose to use the night for that instead. Think it was the right decision, felt good to make some progress on it.

Will go back again next week for sure, I'll be hungry for it!

Did you draw a tongue under that woman's ass on purpose? Lol

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:12 pm

Shinkicker wrote:Did you draw a tongue under that woman's ass on purpose? Lol

lol which one?

this one?

Yeah that's a sexy one, eh?

No I did not draw it on purpose but maybe subconsciously :D

Return to “Creative Sanctuary”