Lifedrawing With Masato

Arts, Philosophy, Spirituality & Wisdom
Masato
Site Admin

Re: Lifedrawing With Masato

Postby Masato » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:19 pm

From last night. Super fun

Model looked like an anime character, small, smooth skin, proportioned like a comic book girl, half-asian, punky haircut

I'd never drawn her before, hope to have more sessions I was just starting to figure her out. Drawing a familiar model often produces better results, you know the shapes already, you can 'see' things more clearly

I think this may be my best fast gesture in a long while, really happy with this one I was starting to feel a bit of what I am striving for:

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:13 pm

Drew like stink again last night, not hitting any of the marks I'm aiming for.

Always fun though, good practice/time invested. Getting to know some of the regulars, visited my friend after class had a nice long talk into the night. Tuesday Nights = FUN! :D :D No better deal for $10, there is even complimentary wine there, lol

I'm away next week but will be pumped for the following week.

All these are fucked in some way, lol not good enough to post full pics :D

gotta get those rough nights out though, the only way to eventually get a good night

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:19 pm

Went last night after a 2-week absence.

New model, had never seen her before, a striking black woman. Her face was fantastically shaped like a comic book character but I somehow could not grasp it, many drawings I would botch them as soon as I tried to capture her face lol I need to practive way more faces, my storyboard shorthand is not cutting it :D

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:29 pm

Drew like stank last night

Quite depressing, lol

I stuck out the 3 hours but was ready to tap out early, nothing was working. Hope next week is better!!

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed May 02, 2018 10:27 pm

Last night was good, was getting my groove on again

They are having an Open House at the place they hold the sessions, some of my drawings will be up and framed kind of fun

A few from last night:

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed May 09, 2018 4:46 pm

A couple from last night.

Was a bit distracted, had a work shift I was delaying till after class... kind of anxious to get home to get started but didn't want to skip

All good practice

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:00 pm

Back last Tuesday after 2 weeks off (been crazy with work...)

A bit rusty but had tons of fun. Getting to know some of the regulars there, a good bunch. Can't wait for next week

Some faster poses (1-10 mins):

Longer poses (10-20 mins):

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:45 pm

Its been 3 weeks since I went, work and family stuff kept getting in the way
\

(next week is daughter's middle school grad, will miss it again :( )

But great to be back. Even have some nerds to talk about SOLO with cause none of you mofos wanna talk about that stuff lol

Anyways a good night for 3 weeks off, hit some missed some.

Here is a photo of the usual studio by the way. Model on the stuff in the right of frame, tables and easels all around. This is break time, when session is on there is usually better lighting on the model

Model was another sexy dreadlocked girl, never drew her before:

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:44 pm

Back again last night, was off again for 2-3 weeks :(

So much fun. There is this retired guy I've made friends with that is drawing 3x a week at various locations. Dud is already great but at that pace he is gonna SHINE, let me tell you. Its like BJJ, or anything really... consistent repetition starts to build skills really fast. I can only go once a week, and even that gets derailed regularly. But oh well, keep chipping away, maybe when I'm retired I can draw 3x a week too :D

from last night:

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:44 pm

Lifedrawing got hijacked last night.

I give up BJJ Tuesdays to go Lifedrawing but 10 mins before the session started my crazy client calls with a big panic, they need a truckload of revisions to a project we've been working on in the morning.

Tried to stay and make the most of it, but was so scrambled up and the more I thought about it the more I realized what a long night it would be and couldn't draw worth shit so I packed up and left :(

Too bad too, they were holding it in a different room of the complex because some film crew was shooting a movie in the regular space.

Here was the setup, pretty groovy

Also there was some really great talent there last night, some new faces who could draw really well, too bad I missed the inspiration hopefully they come back

Return to “Creative Sanctuary”