MegaMMAn (MUGEN fighting game)

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Empty Emp

MegaMMAn (MUGEN fighting game)

Postby Empty Emp » Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:57 pm

I started messing around with the MUGEN game engine to see how hard it would be to make a fighting game out of the Mega Man sprites I was making. It's not as difficult as I was expecting, so once we finish the Sherdog RPG, I'm going to jump on this project. I already made characters for Chuck and Wand and made a UFC Octagon stage. I have a list of over 250 fighters I want to include in the game, but I'll probably release the game once I have about 20 characters made, and then release periodic updates as I create more content. Other than that, I don't really have anything else planned out yet. I don't want to mention anything about this on the other F7 until I'm close to releasing the game, but I'll keep you guys updated with my progress. Here's a little preview of what I did so far.

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:59 pm

- Looks very cool Emp
I remember this mugen from years ago

Edit: You eye for details is incredible, Megaman, Just Bleed guys, looks like the ring girl in red is Ariany?
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:05 pm

W T F

You MADE that?? Holy shit

Dude, I was JUST thinking the other day about creating some kind of MMA 'Choose Your Own Adventure' game... You could start as a 0-0 fighter and work your way up to the belt, making choices along the way. (lots of comedy of course) Can you imagine combining your fight action with this concept? As in, as you get fights you actually have to fight, and a W or a L will affect the storyline etc.

There is seriously too much talent in here to be spending on obscure forum shit. We should really come up with something solid, I wonder if we could even pitch a game idea to someone and get funding or something.

Way to go Emp, very inspiring.

Empty Emp

Postby Empty Emp » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:36 pm

Thanks guys! The one in red was actually supposed to be Brittney and the one in black was supposed to be Arriany.

Masato, I was just looking at the presidential choose your own adventure book on your site earlier today, which was awesome. MUGEN does have a simple beginning/ending story mode, which isn't really my strong suit, so I may come calling on you guys to help me when I get to that point, especially if end upbdoing individual stories for a couple hundred characters.

johnkilo

Postby johnkilo » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:06 pm

Awesome.

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:12 pm

This looks amazing! nice work. Is that GSPOAB in front of the cage on the right?

Empty Emp

Postby Empty Emp » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:29 pm

It's Cecil Peoples reading a newspaper while judging, but it does look like GSPOAB's av haha. That's a cool idea to put some Sherdoggers in the stands.

sheetsMMAfan

Postby sheetsMMAfan » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:49 am

This is amazing Emp! I wish so much RL stuff wasn't happening right now, so I could get the ball rolling on the game again.

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:24 pm

- You need to put Master Seagal in this game Emp

- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Empty Emp

Postby Empty Emp » Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:47 pm

Take a look in the audience right behind the ring girls Edge. I also have an awesome plan to use him in Anderson's special attacks.

Return to “Anarchy Zone”