Custom Painted NES

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Luigi

Custom Painted NES

Postby Luigi » Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:46 pm

Hey guys. So when I saw Johnkilo's wooden ship project I wanted to post a project of my own. However; I'm pretty bogged down with work atm so I decided to post a project I did in the past. This Is a NES(original Nintendo) that I have custom painted in the fashion of a Mesopotamian cuneiform clay tablet. Unfortunately this was stolen from my house a few years ago when I allowed an acquaintance of mine to enter my house. He had a lot of thuggish friends with criminal records so I should have known the results would be bad. He latter broke into my house and stole it along with a collection of blue rays, a ps3, an xbox 360 and some running shoes. The cops of course did nothing, said we needed more evidence, even though I came home to one of his friends passed out in my basement with a bong on the table.

I don't really care about a conviction, but I would like to get this back one day, so if any of you ever see it on ebay, on craigslist or anything like that let me know.

These photos were taken at a date much earlier than the theft, and I had later added additional text in the blank area around the sides.

This shows the top of the nes, which I inscribed with the first 5 laws of the Hammurapi codex.

Here is the front of the system. The large text is the closest I could come to phonetically rendering "Nintendo" in cuneiform. It actually says nintendu as the /o/ sound wasn't present in Sumerian so I had to pick the closest alternative. The controller ports are labeled 1 and 2. I spent the longest time trying to think of an accurate translation of "power" and "reset". Nothing quite fit so I later just wrote the English words in the cuneiform script on the buttons.

=Darky

Postby =Darky » Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:59 pm

rc pro am!

very cool man, makes me miss nintendo so fn much D:

ill go watch a few megaman speed runs now...

johnkilo

Postby johnkilo » Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:26 pm

That's cool. I still have my NES and SNES.

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:35 pm

johnkilo wrote:That's cool. I still have my NES and SNES.

I never had a snes but I remember my cousins had one and we would always play mortal kombat at their house. Good shit.

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:45 pm

- I miss Pre-historic man

- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Anarchy Zone”