Story of how you got banned on Sherdog

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Luigi

Story of how you got banned on Sherdog

Postby Luigi » Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:16 am

Hey Masato, there are a ton of different accounts on why you were banned. Some are saying it was caused by a dispute when you posted a comic the heavies, others are saying you intentionally posted ass floss as a form of E-kiridoku. So how did it all go down? Do you know which mod it was?

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:11 am

ughh... tbh, just bringing my mind back to that makes me a bit ill, lol Don't eally feel like going through it all again.

Also, its kind of more fun to keep it a mystery..!! lol -What are the rumors?

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:21 am

Mods in question were Kimble and Nostromo. Nostromo put the final nail in the coffin, and yes technically the last straw was indeed assfloss :D, and this image:

Mostly, it was not any single incident, but a long buildup that came to a boil. They thought I was trying to use Sherdog to advertise my website, I thought I was just sharing cool shit for free, so I didn't understand why they were clamping down on me so hard. First I was told to keep my work in P+M, and then when I made this: https://www.gdcmma.com/top-10-logical-r ... ilva-lost/ after the Silva Weidman fight, I asked Kimble where I should put it (I thought it was Heavy-relevant...) - he told me it belonged in the Wasteland.

WTF

I appealed, and the higher mods graciously stepped in and said I was allowed to post my work in the heavies, given that I post no links to my website, and that no old threads would be 'grandfathered' in and would stay where they are. I thought that was fine, and thanked them for their decision.

A few months later Episode 6 of the comic was done, and I posted. Because I could not link the comic url for episodes 1-5, I embedded them in the OP with spoilers, so readers could see the whole story to date. I thought this was logical.

Nostromo comes down and deletes them saying I broke the 'grandfathering' part of the agreement by embedding my old episodes again. He says instead of embedding them I was supposed to make links to the pre-existing threads.

I point out that this would potentially re-activate the old threads, and you'd have 6 Sonnen's War threads floating around at the same time instead of one. I didn't understand the logic of it at all, and was super-burned that after working so hard on my comic it was getting fucked with again, and I was back in Sher-court.

He stuck to his guns, and said rules are rules.

This was so stupid to me I just couldn't handle it anymore, and basically quit by threatening an epic suicide... I started with assfloss and he pulled the plug.

I am happy I did it, a lot of positive changes have occurred since then, I didn't realize how I had kind of made Sherdog my e-universe, and how much more there is outside those walls.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:44 am

sheetsMMAfan

Postby sheetsMMAfan » Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:11 pm

Cool story bro..

Sorry, had to say that. Sucks it came to that, but at least we know where to find you!

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:22 pm

The link vs embed stipulation is pretty bizarre.

If they were mad about you potentially promoting your own website, they must be really pissed that we are all promoting it now lol

That picture is awesome btw.

Edgar Friendly

Postby Edgar Friendly » Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:08 pm

When Overeem faught Werdum I was pretty drunk, and I made a thread in the UFC forum titled "Overeem is a Pussy." I was instantly banned, but I wrote an email apologizing, and they let me back in.

=Darky

Postby =Darky » Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:30 pm

kimble is an e-tranny anyways.

ive not run into nostromo yet...

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:16 pm

=Darky wrote:kimble is an e-tranny anyways.

ive not run into nostromo yet...

What is your sherdog user name?

=Darky

Postby =Darky » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:15 am

^
hendobomb...

Return to “Anarchy Zone”