Who here gets into Halloween?

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Canuckster

Who here gets into Halloween?

Postby Canuckster » Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:52 pm

your daughter is doing the devil horns,

you're not a satanist are you?
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:53 pm

also those costumes are awesome
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:18 am

OK you freaks - who is getting into it this year?

All you Dads?

I will post pic soon... my daughter made her own costume this year (thank you), and my son and I are putting together a pretty good Shy Guy costume (Mario character)

Is anyone else getting creative this year?? lets see your getups!

Winnson

Postby Winnson » Sat Oct 29, 2016 2:40 pm

Masato wrote:Hey all

What are your Halloween plans? Who's gotz kidz?

There is a street in my town that goes halloween crazy every year, the whole street is done up and people come from all around to trick or treat, its great.

My kids are ripe trick or treat age so its fun to do it with them.

Is anyone planning to make a costume?

I'll try to find some of the costumes we've made

I need to come up with something for me but no ideas yet. I don't like to put too much work, just something simple yet fun and creative

Halloween has been all but obliterated in Hong Kong. The schools won't touch it anymore, because it's demonic or whatever.

When I first came here, Lan Kwai Fong was big buzz all over the world because of the ridiculous costumes and most schools celebrated Halloween in some way shape or form. Parties, dressing up, all the fun stuff. They never really 'trick or treated' here, but had fun with everything else.

Nowadays, Halloween is like a sin here. No one talks about it. Ask kids about it and they will cross their arms and say ''no no no' Halloween is evil!'

Fucked up.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:58 pm

^ well I can't deny that it really is quite a crazy tradition...

We have a lot of fun but if you can separate one's self from the status quo perspective, its pretty fuckin crazy to have a kid-centered party about all the most horrible and demonic things we can imagine, lol. I've been at a few halloween shops and events lately, kids and moms and dads all smiling and enjoying blood and gore and decapitations and torturous themes

Anyone who has never seen it before would have a serious WTF

I grew up with it all my life though and always enjoyed. Making costumes is super fun, seeing hundreds of them all on one street is even more fun. That street in my town is still hype and I can't wait to go.

pics coming soon

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:09 am

Hey all

sorry for the super late post

I didn't take many pictures anyways, lol

Weather was good, not raining or too cold. We went down to the Halloween street again, awesome as always. Saw some fully decked out Stormtroopers and Vader walking around, top costumes was cool. There is this other house nearby my place called the 'Chainsaw House', and these guys actually go out to make it as genuinely scary as possible. There is a guy with a REAL CHAINSAW (no blade) who pretends to kill his friends right there in front of you, lol The victims fall down off of stuff and flop around in blood. Also tons of guys jumping out at you is SUPER creepy masks you never know, they even chase kids down the street who get spooked lol

But if you make it all the way to the door, inside is just a bunch of regularly dressed and cheerful women inside getting drunk on wine :D the transistion is jarring, from pure horror to a really nice home and friendly ladies

My son was Shy-Guy, I wish I had a better picture than this his mask is kind of crooked but you can see it turned out pretty fun. I gave my daughter some money @ the local thrift shop and she rummaged some stuff to make this original Mad Hatter getup.

As a tradition one of my best friends and his wife/son come down every year, we do all this then put the kids to sleep and get thrashed till 3 am :D

Oh yeah my sister-in-law got in a fight with the neighbor because the neighbor was saying stuff about how halloween is evil and everyone participating is frowned on by the Lord etc. lol

Can't wait for next year.

Some say this guy looks like me but I don't think so:

Return to “Anarchy Zone”