Trudeau's Dystopia - Immigration reaches 1.2 million per annum, higher than America despite 10% of population

Politics, History, & 'Conspiracy'
Luigi

Trudeau's Dystopia - Immigration reaches 1.2 million per annum, higher than America despite 10% of population

Postby Luigi » Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:19 am

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/can ... n%20people.

Truly shocking. Reminder that before the 1960s third world migration our population was only 18 million. 50 years ago in 1974 the population was only 21 million.

Heres the article, even this lib Toronto paper cant really put a positive spin on it:

Canada sees record-setting population growth spurred by immigration in first quarter of 2023
Year-over-year, as of the second quarter of 2023, the country’s population increased by more than 1.2 million people.

Updated July 19, 2023 at 7:21 a.m.
June 28, 2023
2 min read
Save
(40)
sr_path_union_05
The new StatCan data, published Wednesday, offers a glimpse at the country’s record-setting population growth, largely spurred by ballooning immigration numbers since the lifting of pandemic restrictions.

Steve Russell / Toronto Star
By Joshua Chong Staff Reporter
Canada’s population boom is showing no signs of slowing.

In the first three months of 2023, the country’s population grew by more than 290,000 people, or 0.7 per cent, the highest rate of growth in a first quarter since at least half a century, when comparable data was made available in 1972.

Year-over-year, as of the second quarter of 2023, Canada saw an increase of more than 1.2 million people, according to Statistics Canada.

The new data, published Wednesday, offers a glimpse at the nation’s record-setting population growth, largely spurred by ballooning immigration numbers since the lifting of pandemic restrictions.

“Canada welcomed 145,417 immigrants in the first quarter, the highest for a single quarter for which comparable data are available and a record first quarter across all provinces,” said StatCan in the release. “The country also saw net gains of 155,300 non-permanent residents in the first quarter, thanks in part to an increase in the number of work permit holders.”

New population numbers come after months of high growth
The first quarter data comes after Canada announced record-high population growth for 2022. Last year, the country’s population increased by more than 1.05 million people, marking the first 12-month period in Canadian history where the population grew by more than 1 million.

Earlier this month, Statistics Canada estimated that the county’s population had surpassed 40 million.

Canada is “by far the fastest-growing among G7 countries, which has been the case for at least two decades,” said Patrick Charbonneau, chief of StatCan’s Centre for Demography, in an interview with the Star when the country reached that milestone.

Read the latest comments about this story
Read the comments on this story
Population growth largely coming from immigration
While the nation’s peers are bracing for population decline, Canada’s growth sits at 2.7 per cent — the highest level it’s been since 1957, StatCan said in a news release earlier this month.

“Since 1995, the majority of (Canada’s) population growth is coming from immigration,” Charbonneau said. “This is due to the fact that the population is aging — so we’re recording more deaths and we’re also seeing less births than before.”

As a result, Canada has ramped up its efforts to draw in immigrants and fresh talent in recent years to combat labour shortages and to care for the aging population, Charbonneau said. Lately, Canada has also seen a swell in “temporary immigration” — people entering the country using “workers permits, student permits or asylum seekers, for example,” he continued.

Concerns about rapid growth amid lack of affordable housing, high cost of living
Yet, some are questioning whether this rapid growth is sustainable, particularly in major cities, like Toronto, experiencing shortages of affordable housing and high cost of living.

Some highly-skilled immigrants have said they are struggling to live in Canada, while conservative estimates by StatCan say 15 to 20 per cent of immigrants will leave the country within 10 years due to those pressures.

With files from Kevin Jiang

Joshua Chong
Joshua Chong is a Toronto-based culture reporter for the Star. Follow him on X: @joshualdwchong.

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:26 pm

- I would migrate to Canada if wasnt so cold!
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

theraskal

Postby theraskal » Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:05 pm

but I thought the Immigrants are only trying to come to the USA....Best Country in the World and all that?

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:50 pm

theraskal wrote:but I thought the Immigrants are only trying to come to the USA....Best Country in the World and all that?

- Too much migrants, its time to go to other places! :mrgreen:
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Megaterio Llamas

Postby Megaterio Llamas » Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:54 am

I remember the centennial in 1967 Luigi. We were then 20 million.

This jingle is still drummed into my head :lol:

el rey del mambo

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:52 am

Megaterio Llamas wrote:I remember the centennial in 1967 Luigi. We were then 20 million.

This jingle is still drummed into my head :lol:

My mom learned the song in school and can still sing it today.

Megaterio Llamas

Postby Megaterio Llamas » Mon Mar 18, 2024 6:34 pm

We had the big Expo in Montreal that year as well, it was a pretty big year for Canada. In many ways I would say we peaked that year as a country, there was so much optimism in the air. Montreal was awarded their major league baseball the Expos too, the first in Canada. Montreal, not Toronto was Canada's first city then and it was largely an Anglophone city. It was corporate head office and banking central for Canada. But trouble was already brewing and things changed in the mid seventies, most of the baseball fans wound up leaving Quebec for other parts of Canada. And the team went south.

I'm rambling :)
el rey del mambo

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:55 am

Megaterio Llamas wrote:We had the big Expo in Montreal that year as well, it was a pretty big year for Canada. In many ways I would say we peaked that year as a country, there was so much optimism in the air. Montreal was awarded their major league baseball the Expos too, the first in Canada. Montreal, not Toronto was Canada's first city then and it was largely an Anglophone city. It was corporate head office and banking central for Canada. But trouble was already brewing and things changed in the mid seventies, most of the baseball fans wound up leaving Quebec for other parts of Canada. And the team went south.

My mom's family were Anglos who moved to Quebec long ago and remember in the 50s when Montreal was pretty much just a strait Anglo city. Its hard to imagine now.

Megaterio Llamas

Postby Megaterio Llamas » Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:03 am

Luigi wrote:
Megaterio Llamas wrote:We had the big Expo in Montreal that year as well, it was a pretty big year for Canada. In many ways I would say we peaked that year as a country, there was so much optimism in the air. Montreal was awarded their major league baseball the Expos too, the first in Canada. Montreal, not Toronto was Canada's first city then and it was largely an Anglophone city. It was corporate head office and banking central for Canada. But trouble was already brewing and things changed in the mid seventies, most of the baseball fans wound up leaving Quebec for other parts of Canada. And the team went south.

My mom's family were Anglos who moved to Quebec long ago and remember in the 50s when Montreal was pretty much just a strait Anglo city. Its hard to imagine now.

I was out here in the suburbs of Vancouver at the time of course, I remember the refugee flood out of Quebec quite clearly. A family from Sherbrooke Quebec in the Eastern Townships moved next door in the sixties. They described a bilingual town, today it's strictly French speaking and I'm sure that goes for most places outside of Montreal in that province.
el rey del mambo

Return to “The Grand Chessboard”