You'r opinions on cloning?

Politics, History, & 'Conspiracy'
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

You'r opinions on cloning?

Postby Edge Guerrero » Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:04 pm

- So i was thinking, several animal were extingued in the last centuries, would you agree that they were brought back to life?
I don't believe that we could clone dinosaurs( OK i want to believe), but animals like the Barbary lion:

The Barbary lion, sometimes referred to as the Atlas lion, is an African lion (Felis leo)[3] population that is considered extinct in the wild. It is believed that the last Barbary lion was shot in the western Maghreb during the year 1942 near Tizi n'Tichka.[4]

The Atlas lion or barbary lions was used in the gladiatorial games.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbary_lion

The cape lions were extingued too, we have the tazmanian wolve, the dodo:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dodo

Mabe a park with those animals that wee once extinct?
Would you like that if possible they recreated animals like the Megatherium ?

Megatherium (/mɛɡəˈθɪəriəm/ meg-ə-theer-ee-əm from the Greek mega [μέγας], meaning "great", and therion [θηρίον], "beast") was a genus of elephant-sized ground sloths endemic to South America that lived from the late Pliocene through the end of the Pleistocene.[1] Its size was exceeded by only a few other land mammals, including mammoths and Paraceratherium.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megatherium

Or theres a line that should be draw?

Or only animal that man has extingued should be brought back?
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Winnson

Postby Winnson » Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:05 pm

I say mess around with all that genetic stuff as much as you want.

It's much cooler and more scientific than spending it on the military, for sure!

Winnson

Postby Winnson » Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:06 pm

Oh, this stem cell stuff or cloning or whatever might not be good.

Let's just put all that investment into the F-35, and nuclear weapons.

You know, for the greater good or whatever.

Envy337

Postby Envy337 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:13 pm

I'm against it, on moral reasons.

The human race has bigger issues to resolve first.

Flying Eye Angle

Postby Flying Eye Angle » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:42 pm

Will probably add many problems, but cant stop it I guess. Too many countries with too many scientists not sharing what theyre doing with everyone else. Probably a secret clone army on a space station somewhere. No laws against cloning in space

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:41 pm

^ the next level of 'admiralty law', lol

I think cloning is an inevitable part of our scientific exploration. Many things to be wary of, I look forward to the philisophical debates it will no doubt raise.

Will clones have 'souls'? Does anyone? Are we just mechanical organisms or is there something greater to us? What causes consciousness to arise? Would clones have a different kind of consciousness? What kinds of 'human' rights should be applied?

etc etc etc.

I won't go anywhere near it personally, but I think its interesting if people wanna try.

My suspicion is that its already been done in secret but its only a hunch

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:23 pm

Winnson wrote:I say mess around with all that genetic stuff as much as you want.

It's much cooler and more scientific than spending it on the military, for sure!

- Every human advance is used in military first.
Remember the Terminator 2?
When Connor asks the T800 if they can save the human race?

Sadly this is how we work.

Envy337 wrote:I'm against it, on moral reasons.

The human race has bigger issues to resolve first.

- I agree with you about the bigger issues, but if they use cloned organs, or body parts to help people\animals that need transplants?

Flying Eye Angle wrote:Will probably add many problems, but cant stop it I guess. Too many countries with too many scientists not sharing what theyre doing with everyone else. Probably a secret clone army on a space station somewhere. No laws against cloning in space

Masato wrote:^ the next level of 'admiralty law', lol

I think cloning is an inevitable part of our scientific exploration. Many things to be wary of, I look forward to the philisophical debates it will no doubt raise.

Will clones have 'souls'? Does anyone? Are we just mechanical organisms or is there something greater to us? What causes consciousness to arise? Would clones have a different kind of consciousness? What kinds of 'human' rights should be applied?

etc etc etc.

I won't go anywhere near it personally, but I think its interesting if people wanna try.

My suspicion is that its already been done in secret but its only a hunch

- I believe that every form of life has a soul, in my intendiment a soul is our feelings, or existencial expression, if we are good or bad is indiferent.
The moment that something starts living, this something has a soul.

Plants can feel, diferent than us by they can, like crabs can feel too.
Animals in the deep sea have feelings to, their pains thresshold is diferent of that of us in the superficie, but i don't see why or feeling is the only right way to feel.

In my opinion in the moment a form of life enters this existence, he has all the same rights of the other forms of life.

Do you guys remember a couple of years ago, some students killed a hairless type of dog, because they tought it's was a alien?

Sou i don't think clones would be so souless like those students.
:mrgreen:

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:47 am

Winnson wrote:Oh, this stem cell stuff or cloning or whatever might not be good.

Let's just put all that investment into the F-35, and nuclear weapons.

You know, for the greater good or whatever.

Well we need to be ready in case the clones turn on us and become terrorists.

Pre-emptive strikes yo.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:19 am

But seriously... I think the more humanity goes towards the sciences, the more ideas like a 'soul' will become lost or ridiculed.

The more this kind of technology is celebrated, the more people can be made to identify with themselves as purely in the material world. We already think of this reality in terms of atoms and physics, a construct to be documented and mastered. Dreams are ignored, visionary experiences are ignored, consciousness is observed from a neurological perspective.

Science is/will be great for cloning new organs, fixing the body, merging it with technology etc... and this is all very cool but it has NOTHING for the other intuitive, spiritual and mysterious side of our existence, which imho is the most important.

The secular order is trying to squash that out. Holistic/intuitive/emotional health will have to be ignored, thinking everything can be fixed by tinkering with our chemistry and not our hearts. Ethics and morality will fade into obscurity.

- Science vs religion is heating up, and much wisdom that falls into neither category will suffer as a result.

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:22 am

Masato wrote:But seriously... I think the more humanity goes towards the sciences, the more ideas like a 'soul' will become lost or ridiculed.

- Science has a tendence to ridicule everyting they don't know.

The more this kind of technology is celebrated, the more people can be made to identify with themselves as purely in the material world. We already think of this reality in terms of atoms and physics, a construct to be documented and mastered. Dreams are ignored, visionary experiences are ignored, consciousness is observed from a neurological perspective.

- Every ideia was a dream first, a material work second.
But i agree with you, in our arrogance, we humans think we are the definitive form of concience.

Science is/will be great for cloning new organs, fixing the body, merging it with technology etc... and this is all very cool but it has NOTHING for the other intuitive, spiritual and mysterious side of our existence, which imho is the most important.

The secular order is trying to squash that out. Holistic/intuitive/emotional health will have to be ignored, thinking everything can be fixed by tinkering with our chemistry and not our hearts. Ethics and morality will fade into obscurity.

- Science vs religion is heating up, and much wisdom that falls into neither category will suffer as a result.

- I think science is a form of religion too.
They think their way of see the universe is the only way, like a religion thinks about another religion.

Return to “The Grand Chessboard”