You'r opinions on cloning?

Politics, History, & 'Conspiracy'
Masato
Site Admin

You'r opinions on cloning?

Postby Masato » Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:50 am

The 10 DOGMAS (beliefs) of Science:

-These are the UNCONSCIOUS ASSUMPTIONS that a person trained in scientific schools will unknowingly come to believe, fervently.

-Challenge them on it and you will see the same angry cognitive dissonance as you would from a religious fundamental; they simply won't listen.

Of course many scientists are open-minded and will ponder these questions, but I think very few of them realize the many BELIEFS that modern science holds as fact.

1) Everything is essentially mechanical

2) All matter is unconscious

3) The total amount of energy and matter is always the same.

4) The laws of nature are fixed.

5) Nature is purposeless

6) All biological inheritence is material.

7) Minds are inside heads and are nothing but the activity of brains.

8) Memory is stored in material traces of the brain.

9) Unexplained phenomena such as telepathy are illusory.

10) Mechanistic medicine is the only one that really works.

fungi

Postby fungi » Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:02 pm

I'm against it. absolutely. For moral, biological, environmental or whatever reasons.

It'll mess things up. The "elite" will abuse it and clone slaves for themselves (it's inevitable, the "extinct animals" is only the excuse/loophole/beginning), and at some point will start cloning the "spare parts carriers", like in the movies "The island" (2005) and "Never let me go".

The clones themselves will only add to the ever-growing army of the poor. And finally, the "elite" will end up creating enhanced clones for themselves, and stupid "one-function" clones for the slaves. The "2-species humanity" will be created like so many futurologists has predicted for centuries now.

And, finally, freak mutant monsters will emerge some day, if all these genetics shenanigans continue.

fungi

Postby fungi » Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:10 pm

Masato wrote:The DOGMAS of Science:

-These are the UNCONSCIOUS ASSUMPTIONS that a person trained in scientific schools will unknowingly come to believe, fervently.

-Challenge them on it and you will see the same angry cognitive dissonance as you would from a religious fundamental; they simply won't listen.

Of course some scientists are open-minded and will ponder these questions, but I think very few of them realize the many BELIEFS that modern science holds as fact.

fixed :)

'101 Zen stories' wrote:Nan-in, a Japanese master during the Meiji era (1868-1912), received a university professor who came to inquire about Zen.

Nan-in served tea. He poured his visitor's cup full, and then kept on pouring.

The professor watched the overflow until he no longer could restrain himself. "It is overfull. No more will go in!"

"Like this cup," Nan-in said, "you are full of your own opinions and speculations. How can I show you Zen unless you first empty your cup?"

James Cameron "shamelessly borrowed" this piece of wisdom for his "Avatar" movie, which I absolutely freaking love btw.

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:24 pm

fungi wrote:I'm against it. absolutely. For moral, biological, environmental or whatever reasons.

It'll mess things up. The "elite" will abuse it and clone slaves for themselves (it's inevitable, the "extinct animals" is only the excuse/loophole/beginning), and at some point will start cloning the "spare parts carriers", like in the movies "The island" (2005) and "Never let me go".

The clones themselves will only add to the ever-growing army of the poor. And finally, the "elite" will end up creating enhanced clones for themselves, and stupid "one-function" clones for the slaves. The "2-species humanity" will be created like so many futurologists has predicted for centuries now.

And, finally, freak mutant monsters will emerge some day, if all these genetics shenanigans continue.

- Very good post.
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “The Grand Chessboard”