Satanist Hunting

Politics, History, & 'Conspiracy'
Illuminat3d0ne

Re: Satanist Hunting

Postby Illuminat3d0ne » Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:28 pm

Masato wrote:Did Crowley say that 'love is the law'?

that seems out of sorts with what I've heard of him.

That's my point actually, I am starting to think we are either living in love (respect for unity of all things/diminishing of ego), or we are living for self (dividing against with things/feeding ego). Like 2 different directions of magnetism or something like that, attract or repel...

Crowley and magick etc I think is the art of doing the latter. It may work, but it moves us away from love, away from unity/God. Its like 2 different directions. You can call one satanic if you like, may not be the best definition of the term.

Not going to lie, I'm slightly offended you just asked if he actually said that
I was going to ask for your address so I could send you a copy of the book of the law but I found a copy on sacred texts, do me a favor and read it it is very short, there is more to Crowley than the west would have you believe

57. Invoke me under my stars! Love is the law, love under will. Nor let the fools mistake love; for there are love and love. There is the dove, and there is the serpent. Choose ye well! He, my prophet, hath chosen, knowing the law of the fortress, and the great mystery of the House of God.

All these old letters of my Book are aright; but [Tzaddi] is not the Star. This also is secret: my prophet shall reveal it to the wise.

https://www.sacred-texts.com/oto/engccxx.htm

I would argue those who say they are fighting in the name of God to bring everyone together in unity are doing the exact opposite, they have singled out an enemy for people to focus on (both sides) and are combating hate with hate
People can say they are doing it for unity but that's not true, they are doing it for themselves and those who share the same beliefs and fuck all the rest, to me that doesn't sound like unity

The way I see it, both sides have been duped into being consumed by hate and have made themselves extremely easy to control

Illuminat3d0ne

Postby Illuminat3d0ne » Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:30 pm

Canuckster wrote:I believe Crowley said "do what you wilt shall be the whole of the law"

He may have said love is the law as well but I've never seen it, and i've in no way read enough of his writings to confirm it.

Seriously, has nobody on here even read the book of the law

Come on guys

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:07 pm

Rock on, Illuminat3d0ne

I am listening! Interesting stuff.

'Love under Will' - is that a paradox?

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:09 pm

btw, when I refer to 'universal love', I'm not talking about 'bringing everyone together in unity'. It's not a political or religious thing

I have not read Book of the Law

Maybe Galt

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:01 pm

Illuminat3d0ne wrote:
Canuckster wrote:I believe Crowley said "do what you wilt shall be the whole of the law"

He may have said love is the law as well but I've never seen it, and i've in no way read enough of his writings to confirm it.

Come on guys
it's not exactly something you can find on the shelves and I hate reading e books
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Illuminat3d0ne

Postby Illuminat3d0ne » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:19 pm

Canuckster wrote:
Illuminat3d0ne wrote:

Come on guys
it's not exactly something you can find on the shelves and I hate reading e books

Honestly I agree, i hate ebooks personally, always prefer actually holding the book in my hands and you are definitely right about it not being readily available on shelves, I had to order my Crowley books and have them delivered

Sorry for being kind of an ass there in that comment

Illuminat3d0ne

Postby Illuminat3d0ne » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:40 pm

Masato wrote:btw, when I refer to 'universal love', I'm not talking about 'bringing everyone together in unity'. It's not a political or religious thing

Maybe Galt

What are you referring to when you say universal love?

I thought it meant love for all, my bad if I was wrong man

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:44 pm

Illuminat3d0ne wrote:
Masato wrote:btw, when I refer to 'universal love', I'm not talking about 'bringing everyone together in unity'. It's not a political or religious thing

Maybe Galt

not just restricted to people. A total unifying kind of thing, people, animals, nature, time and space etc. Everything

Illuminat3d0ne

Postby Illuminat3d0ne » Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:59 pm

Masato wrote:
Illuminat3d0ne wrote:

Maybe Galt

not just restricted to people. A total unifying kind of thing, people, animals, nature, time and space etc. Everything

My man, you are describing the beliefs which the panthiest sect of wiccans hold who are normally referred to as Satanist when imo they don't meet the requirement for me to use that word to describe them

This is my point really, people have been made to believe that these people are evil or even that it's ok to call them Satanist (without context Satanism is viewed as a negative in this society) when in reality, most of them hold beliefs extremely close to our own, obviously some of them are evil and must be fought and most wiccans fight against evil Satanism, although there are sects of wiccans who go down that wrong path unfortunately

Edit: I think I should add that modem wicca is heavily influenced by Crowley with their motto even being close, "if it harms none, do what thou wilt"

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:39 pm

^^ Great! interesting

Do you see a difference between 'do what THOU wilt', and how Christians pray to God to 'make me an instrument of THY will'?

Motivated by self/ego or motivated as part of the whole? Exercising individual will vs surrender to God? For me there is a subtle but major difference, who is driving the car so to speak?

Not at all trying to suggest here that one is right or wrong, it's just a difference that I find interesting. I tend to see when humans follow the path of self, they seem to end up making a mess of things, and inevitably crying out for God at some point lol. I find that interesting too, not sure if the reverse is true, that someone who lives a life of servitude to God may wish at the end of his life that he had taken more control of it..?

I am also (perhaps ignorantly) guessing that Crowley would not have subscribed to the 'as long it it harms none' part..? Wasn't he rumored to have gone as far as sacrifice rituals to achieve his goals?

Return to “The Grand Chessboard”