French barons and Jews in medieval England

Politics, History, & 'Conspiracy'
Luigi

French barons and Jews in medieval England

Postby Luigi » Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:01 am

Hey guys, found this interesting part of history recently and thought some of you might find it interesting for one reason or another. I am very interested in the financial power structure of the medieval world though I never find the time to do a deep dive.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Barons%27_War

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:44 pm

Interesting.

So government/Royalty/Jewish-controlled usury banking were all working together then too? lol

what has changed?

I always find it interesting that articles like this continue to write in a context of 'antisemitism' being the primary motivation for such action and events, while somehow carefully sidestepping that there were likely legitimate criticisms against what they saw was happening. Irrational antisemitism (booo!) is written as though they were the main reasons (thus instantly villifying characters like Montfort), but oh yeah there was also some resentment about debts or something but we won't talk about that lol

I think people should make a better distinction between 'anti-semitism', and 'anti-wanting-to-be-financially-fucked-in-the-ass-for-the-rest-of-your-life'. One is a much more credible motivation for what these guys did than the other I would think

No movies made about Simon de Montfort, I'm guessing lol
Too bad, he sounds like a badass.

Return to “The Grand Chessboard”