Rambo and the Swarthy Hordes

Politics, History, & 'Conspiracy'
Masato
Site Admin

Rambo and the Swarthy Hordes

Postby Masato » Mon May 27, 2019 4:21 pm

GREAT lecture on PROPAGANDA in ENTERTAINMENT by Michael Parenti

He breaks down the many assumptions fed to us via Hollywood. -Assumptions that turn history on its head, making the oppressors the oppressed,
'reversing the roles of usurper and usurped, it reverses the roles of victim and victimizer, it reverses the roles of those who were massacred, and those who were/are doing the massacring."

This pattern of constant inverted paradigm of the world and self-identity of the west has been seen since the dawn of Hollywood, and continues to this day, powerfully yet subconsciously justifying the wars, massacres, and usurping of today and tomorrow.

Really great, powerful. Listen twice even, its not that long.

I feel bad now for watching some Hollywood movies recently lol

It really is a mass-mind control machine imo, just way too many patterns and consistently absent themes.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon May 27, 2019 4:42 pm

"This is the first 12 minutes of Michael Parenti's 1989 lecture "Rambo and the Swarthy Hordes." From the introduction of the speaker: Michael Parenti is an author and political analyst. Among his books are The Sword and the Dollar, Inventing Reality, History As Mystery, and his latest The Terrorism Trap. This talk was given in 1989 in North Hollywood, California during the administration of George Bush the first, an administration consisting of most of the same players that occupy positions in the present Bush administration.

In the talk, Parenti looks at the entertainment media as a propaganda vehicle for American ruling class interests and attitudes. With the recent spate of war movies and TV shows glorifying the CIA, FBI and police, this 13-year-old talk is eerily relevant. Control of media is even more concentrated now than 13 years ago, as most major media outlets are subsidiaries of massive corporations with interests in a variety of areas, including armaments. At the time this talk was given, Saddam Hussein was a great friend of the United States, and Osama bin Laden was, in the words of the great communicator, Ronald Reagan, “the moral equivalent of America’s founding fathers.”

Here is the full lecture:

"Rambo and the Swarthy Hordes." (54 minutes)

Rambo John J

Postby Rambo John J » Fri May 31, 2019 11:58 pm

Interesting

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:08 am

13 years ago huh?
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Redneck

Postby Redneck » Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:31 am

In retrospect, 1989 propaganda and control seems preferable to what we have today. I didn't like it at the time, but now I miss it.

Shifty D

Postby Shifty D » Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:38 pm

Redneck wrote:In retrospect, 1989 propaganda and control seems preferable to what we have today. I didn't like it at the time, but now I miss it.

what would you say are the differences?

Redneck

Postby Redneck » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:08 am

Shifty D wrote:
Redneck wrote:In retrospect, 1989 propaganda and control seems preferable to what we have today. I didn't like it at the time, but now I miss it.

what would you say are the differences?

Far more predictable and easier to read and deal with.

It was basically just fear, fear, fear of the unknown, and how the Government was your protector. The media never openly went after a President, even if they disagreed with him, they always toed the official line in unison. The far left was still the far left and hadn't morphed into the current defenders of the system who try to shut down and silence anyone who thinks outside their square by any means possible, thus acting more like the old far right.

Things started to change around 9-10 years ago I guess and started to head towards what we see today, and now look at the mess we are in.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:39 pm

In the past the propaganda preyed upon our positive traits and emotions. They would make us feel good, sell us heroes and family values, community and patriotism, make 'us' feel like we live in a great place, proud to be where/who we are

Now propaganda seems to prey upon our WORST traits and emotions. It makes us feel afraid, they sell only anti-heroes, hedonistic values, conflict and divisive arguments, and a phrase like 'Make America Great Again' is somehow blasphemous, lol we should all be ashamed of ourselves but embrace the disease

so weird

Rambo John J

Postby Rambo John J » Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:45 am

I could use a swarthy horde about now

Propaganda is strong homeboys...shit is flowing like wine

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:57 am

I am staying at my Dad's now while he recovers from some shit. He watches CNN daily

I've decided to not cause any stress and keep my reactions to myself but man yeah the propaganda has totally jumped the shark these days its absurd lol

Return to “The Grand Chessboard”