Going to see OSLO play tomorrow

Politics, History, & 'Conspiracy'
Masato
Site Admin

Going to see OSLO play tomorrow

Postby Masato » Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:26 am

Gonna go see this tomorrow in Toronto, about the Oslo Accords in the early 90's, attempting to make peace (or create the illusion of) between Israel and Palestine.

My wife and I have been developing an enjoyment of live theater over the past few years, and she knows I'm interested in the whole Palestine/Israeli conflict. She has been making some Israeli friends at her work and has suddenly also become interested in the topic so it seemed a perfect fit.

Looking forward to seeing what perspectives they bring. I'm most curious how they will justify its relevance enough to be making a play about it in 2019, as the whole thing basically did nothing and was a total failure as far as my understanding goes.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:33 am

With Mirvish Productions and a director named Greenberg, I'm expecting a bit of bias of course, but everything has some bias and I still high have hopes for an intelligent production

I like to make a loose prediction of what spin something may have, and then compare afterwards with what I actually see

should be fun

Return to “The Grand Chessboard”