Planned Parenthood selling Fetuses?

Politics, History, & 'Conspiracy'
Masato
Site Admin

Planned Parenthood selling Fetuses?

Postby Masato » Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:11 pm

WTF

Just caught this

Will follow up, figure out what the hell this is about. It seems clear they are indeed selling the cadavers/body parts (even though they make public statements testifying that they make zero profit from the remains of their abortion services), but I still haven't figured out what for/why these 'specemins' are valuable to people.

Scientific research? Stem cells? Or some other evil shit?

'Planned Parenthood' ???

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:57 pm

I do believe that if there wasn't profit to be made in something like this, it wouldn't happen.
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:42 pm

Here is an interesting perspective;

Have no idea if her testimony holds any water or not but its sure interesting place to start digging

Apparently Embryonic Stem cell research was a really big hype, Bush Jr stopped it on 'ethical' reasons, then Obama reopened it and was heralded as a hero

But this Stem Cell researcher says the whole industry is full of shit and something is really weird about how its being manipulated politically and ethically for reasons that in her opinion don't even add up.

WTF is going on here?

What a bizarre industry. Recently witnessed some 'cannot unsee' footage on Twitter, now I'm scarred, lol now I can examine this and try to understand

SRBrant

Postby SRBrant » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:19 am

There's a strong chance that much of this is blood libel. Anti-abortion activists are r a b i d.

shankara

Postby shankara » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:11 pm

I can understand people getting passionate about the subject. If a foetus isn't an independent existence, when does it become one? When the umbilical cord is cut? When it stops suckling? When it moves out of it's parents' house?

SRBrant

Postby SRBrant » Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:11 am

shankara wrote:I can understand people getting passionate about the subject. If a foetus isn't an independent existence, when does it become one? When the umbilical cord is cut? When it stops suckling? When it moves out of it's parents' house?

Morality is based on our natural aversion to pain of any kind, at least from a strictly evolutionary standpoint. Yes, abortion is a gruesome procedure but unless it's available to those who absolutely need it, so much more suffering will ensue.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:13 pm

SRBrant wrote:
shankara wrote:I can understand people getting passionate about the subject. If a foetus isn't an independent existence, when does it become one? When the umbilical cord is cut? When it stops suckling? When it moves out of it's parents' house?

Morality is based on our natural aversion to pain of any kind, at least from a strictly evolutionary standpoint. Yes, abortion is a gruesome procedure but unless it's available to those who absolutely need it, so much more suffering will ensue.

Great post.

Interesting idea about how we might arrive at any sort of morality via a purely evolutionary perspective. This is a great discussion it itself, I often like to see how hardcore atheists arrive at their sense of ethics/morality if they truly follow a purposeless/purely mechanical view of existence.

Personally I tend to think of morality maybe a bit less scientifically/logically, I think it comes from a more mysterious emotional/spiritual pulse of truth, but there is truth is what you say for sure.

Re; abortion specifically, I have always been able to see both sides of the issue, never been too fond of people who are super set 100% one way or another. You're totally right, the suffering that can be created by bringing a baby into a bad situation can be huge.

We must be careful because its an issue that can EASILY be used to polarize us, 'divide and rule', and I think it is used this way a lot of times by politicians etc who really don't give a fuck about it underneath.

My intended questions of 'morality' in this thread is not so much about abortion itself right or wrong, but those people/clinics/corps looking to profit from it, or those who have become so desensitized that they can abort 8 month old fetuses daily without remorse (accidentally saw some vids, horrific), or even worse those who MAY be doing this for nefarious purposes

From what we see in this vid for example, would you say Planned Parenthood is motivated more by helping young women who are unable to properly take care of a child? Or more motivated by profit?

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:15 pm

Ha! good question

I used to be much more pro-choice, with respect to a woman having control over her own body. Lately I find myself swinging a bit the other way, but I can still appreciate the ambiguity of the question

'When it moves out of it's parents' house?' lol funny but true

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:24 pm

Another part of the issue I think about it how abortion fits into the whole 'sexual revolution' type culture/agendas (which I believe exist)

Abortion + birth control, mixed with an ever-increasing hyper-sexualized entertainment culture seems to be part of a bigger soup that is sort of killing any cultural respect we have for healthy sex, procreation, and family structures.

If you ave a high regard for pregnancy and having children, you will be much more cautious about sex and be more responsible about it. If however you know that birth control is plentiful and cheap, abortions available, and all your culture/pop heroes are always encouraging you to have sex all the time, it seems only natural that the whole idea of procreation will be treated more recklessly and without the proper respect it deserves.

Then add all the newer propaganda about multi-gender freedoms and fuckers like Bill Nye telling kids its Ok to have whatever kind of sex you want and the whole thing seems to have long gone over the tipping point.

The effect I think has a much deeper reaction in our whole culture and values, no respect for the fragility and vulnerability of children, nor the role of real parents and family for raising the next generation of humanity. I really think our current cultural understanding of human sexuality is completely twisted and perverted, not even close to any level of maturity or healthy understanding.

I heard it put that what's being pushed is 'sex without procreation, and procreation without sex'. To break the connection between these 2 things, make them as far apart as possible, 2 different things while in natural truth they are totally connected.

How weird/unnatural is this? How does it affect a greater sense of humanity and morality, a view of ourselves as a species?
very interesting imo

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:02 am

The other day I watched a video of an anti-abortion woman scheduling a third trimester abortion, when she had already seen its face in ultrasounds, just to prove it could be done(and obviously didn't go through with it). The charge she would have paid if she went through with it was 17K.

Abortion is one of those things where Im sure a solid 80% of society could come to an agreement on a middle ground, yet the dialogue seems to be dominated by the absolutists who couldnt.

Return to “The Grand Chessboard”