Brazil trucker strike

Politics, History, & 'Conspiracy'
Masato
Site Admin

Brazil trucker strike

Postby Masato » Fri May 25, 2018 12:15 am

Wow my sister in law explaining this to me

Truckers are on strike, asking petrobras to lower the price of gasoline, among other things.

Many states and cities are fucked up as a result, shelves everywhere are emptying nothing is moving no food nothing. Stores raising their prices to capitalize on demand, police getting cars off the roads to conserve fuel, people running out of food etc

Major highways blocked by the truckers, can’t get by

Will post some articles later but holy shit. Dangerous game. Taking on oil companies is not historically wise, lol. Lots of innocents suffering the whole country can shut down. Who will give in first? Can the oil companies afford to allow a precedent where such a mass strike can boss them around? Will the truckers hold until people start starving and cant work? Will the army have to get involved ?

Interesting situation. Edge, are you affected by this? My wife’s family waited several hours today just to has up their car, supermarket shelves getting empty etc

Brazil is great but what a mess sometimes

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Fri May 25, 2018 3:02 am

I think if negotiations fail. This type of stuff should be next.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldn ... otest.html

It even happened here years ago where truckers blockaded the 401 about rising diesel prices. Truckers got pulled out of their cars and arrested etc
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri May 25, 2018 12:18 pm

^ WTF is a 'lorry'?

I asked my sister about that too, what if the police just come and start arresting people? She answered there's too many of them, supposedly even the school bus drivers are getting on board to support them.

This is the crazy thing about protests, if you can ever get enough people do do something meaningful there are just too many to put them all in jail.

The problem with this protest is that the truckers will eventually run out of food and money too, the oil companies just have to hold out until it basically turns into a hunger strike

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Fri May 25, 2018 12:27 pm

This is where the entire country needs to just say fuck it and stay home for a week, and I mean everyone, shut the $ down for a week in any country anywhere and watch what happens.
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri May 25, 2018 12:32 pm

Canuckster wrote:This is where the entire country needs to just say fuck it and stay home for a week, and I mean everyone, shut the $ down for a week in any country anywhere and watch what happens.

Yeah apparently Petrobras has already lost Billions on this, but that's like a weeks' pay for them lol they can hold out.

The 'people', unfortunately can't. Even if a whole country stopped, the powers-that-be IMO can hold out way longer than the masses. 2 weeks tops before the public start caving in and getting scared/going back to work.

The elites know this.

In essence this is what this strike is doing. Without truckers, no food to the supermarkets, no gas to the pumps, no merchandise to the stores, no grain for the livestock, etc etc etc. Everything shuts down. The difference is that the truckers care about their families, kids, and communites, while the elites and oil barons gave up giving any fucks a long time ago

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri May 25, 2018 1:54 pm

Oh yeah I forgot;

AIRPORTS and SUBWAYS are also down. 30+ subway stations in Sao Paulo are shut down. All kinds of grounded planes at the airports, no fuel.

See what I mean? This strike is a serious game, the whole country literally IS getting shut down. I've been to Sao Paulo several times, the idea of the subway closed my god its messy/blocked up enough as it is. Can't imagine all the people stuck at airports.

Many businesses must be FUCKED. People suffering.

Many ways to look at it.

I wonder honestly, if it WORKS; what precedent will it send? What if the people actually collectively recognize that such a protest can possibly get them anything they want. All they have to do is care collectively enough, set a date on facebook and BAM! real democracy? sounds crazy but its always been said that we always outnumbered the elites terribly and its true.

Dangerous precedents, trust the brasilians to take shit to the extreme

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri May 25, 2018 1:57 pm

Much more cool drama about their politics too, my sister-in-law tells me regularly. This Lula guy is turning into a a real legendary character, like him or not.

I think now he's out of jail and running for President or PM or whatever it is again, he has a huge following, the right hates him, media ignoring/minimalizing/slandering him. Current Coup government a joke.

What a crazy country man. I am maybe finally starting to understand why everyone I know there wants to leave. A functioning Brazil would be heaven on earth

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Fri May 25, 2018 2:50 pm

Canuckster wrote:I think if negotiations fail. This type of stuff should be next.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldn ... otest.html

It even happened here years ago where truckers blockaded the 401 about rising diesel prices. Truckers got pulled out of their cars and arrested etc

-They failed. But our patetic media said they got a deal with the truckers.
But its was a lie!
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Fri May 25, 2018 2:54 pm

Masato wrote:^ WTF is a 'lorry'?

I asked my sister about that too, what if the police just come and start arresting people? She answered there's too many of them, supposedly even the school bus drivers are getting on board to support them.

This is the crazy thing about protests, if you can ever get enough people do do something meaningful there are just too many to put them all in jail.

The problem with this protest is that the truckers will eventually run out of food and money too, the oil companies just have to hold out until it basically turns into a hunger strike

- The patrol cars will get without gas close. Or combustive is to expensive.
Or politicans stolle so much, put or country on a hole and we pay their bill!

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Fri May 25, 2018 2:56 pm

Masato wrote:Much more cool drama about their politics too, my sister-in-law tells me regularly. This Lula guy is turning into a a real legendary character, like him or not.

I think now he's out of jail and running for President or PM or whatever it is again, he has a huge following, the right hates him, media ignoring/minimalizing/slandering him. Current Coup government a joke.

What a crazy country man. I am maybe finally starting to understand why everyone I know there wants to leave. A functioning Brazil would be heaven on earth

- Lula is on jail!

Return to “The Grand Chessboard”